Author Topic: Dropping bottle?  (Read 1249 times)

Offline ~Emma~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 221
  • And then there were 2.....
Dropping bottle?
« on: September 14, 2011, 12:58:44 pm »
 D is on 3 bottles a day. She's never been a big milk drinker even when on the breast (it was her complete lack of interest that made things go downhill in hindsight). She drinks as little as 7oz a day on a bad day. She has never drank the recommended 20oz a day, ever.

I should add that she's on neocate for MSPI (not sure if this should be moved...).

I was thinking of ditching the middle of the day bottle as she's almost 12 months now. Thing is though if given at the right time then its the bottle she takes best, not always though. And by best I mean she's take 5oz! Or perhaps offer it in a sippy with lunch? (very messy though!)

She's OK at taking solids, off and on really depending on teething etc. I'm just unsure about dropping the bottle when she takes so little kwim

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Dropping bottle?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 17:34:11 pm »
What milk are you thinking about moving her onto? I wonder if you would be better to keep the bottles for the moment as she is taking so little but also start introducing her to her next milk in the sippy with meals?

What do you think?

Laura

Offline ~Emma~

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 18:41:53 pm »
 I dont really know what happens next tbh! I think she goes on to some kind of toddler flavoured milk.

OK, so will keep the bottles until the dietician rings me to let me know what happens next.Thanks Laura hon. You know that way sometimes you just cant make sense of things yourself!  :-*

Offline clairebear79

• Claire
  • Showing Appreciation 49
  • My grown up boy! 12 months old
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 21:26:11 pm »
Emma - a little off topic here, but can I ask if you've been given any advice as to what milk to change D onto at 12months, or if you even should be changing milks if she is MSPI ???

We're also MSPI & DS is almost 13months & we're still using HA formula.  I have no idea if I should be carrying on with the HA formula, or switching to something else & if so, what?  HV doesn't seem to know - I was told by one that he'd have to stay on formula til age 2 but then another said he'd need to change but didn't know what to.  GP suggested Goats milk or Soy milk last time I saw him but TBH I've been avoiding going again as I know if I bring the subject up he'll probably withdraw the prescription & force my hand, when for the time being I'd probably rather stay as we are.

Offline ~Emma~

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 07:29:16 am »
Hi Clare,

We trialled soy a few weeks back and it caused a skin flare so I backed it off again as per advice from the dietician. Part of me wanted to keep going in the hope of her building up some tolerance.

The dietician said she will contact me again when she is about a year to discuss further and toddler mlk was mentioned then. She told me its flavoured and quite palatable. Its basically flavoured neocate I think.

Offline clairebear79

• Claire
  • Showing Appreciation 49
  • My grown up boy! 12 months old
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 11:16:03 am »
Ah thanks.  I think I probably need to see a dietician too, last time I asked for a referral my GP refused though, so I'm not holding out much hope!

Offline mjohnson33

• Showing Appreciation 2
  • Cole
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 17:53:54 pm »
My son is the same but not MSPI.  I cant get him to drink 3 bottles a day to save my life.  He is only 10 months though.  I dont know what to do and I havent given him any more solids that normal.  He just acts like the formula is poison.