Author Topic: drop the DF? WWYD?  (Read 866 times)

Offline *Becky*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 255
drop the DF? WWYD?
« on: November 04, 2011, 10:26:54 am »
DD is 5 months. She has had a DF since about 8 weeks and it has worked well. At 4 months she STTN after it.

Now we are on a 3.5 hour feeding routine and I am finding she likes to tank up before bed i.e. she takes 7oz bottles normally but at 4.30/5pm ish she has 6oz and then at bedtime which is 6.30pm ish she takes another 6. This now means she is not so hungry for the DF. She usually takes about half. She then wakes around 5am ish and is hard to settle. I fed her at 5.45am today and she drank the whole bottle although did not go back to sleep for a bit.

So...would you drop the DF and just feed her when she wakes in the night and hopefully get rid of one of the NF's or would you cut down the amount she has before bed? I find regardless of how much she has had at 4.30/5pm ish, if I just give a half feed i.e. 4 oz or so she will not settle for bed.

Thanks

bx

Henry James and Martha Rose - my spirited pair!

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: drop the DF? WWYD?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 12:17:33 pm »
I would drop the DF and let her wake when she is hungry if she isn't taking much at the DF. You may find if she has a feed later than the normal DF time she may not wake for a feed too early. I don't think you are going to loose anything by trying it for a week or so and see what happens!

Laura

Offline *Becky*

• Showing Appreciation 255
Re: drop the DF? WWYD?
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 12:53:49 pm »
thanks - that is what I was thinking too!

Henry James and Martha Rose - my spirited pair!