Author Topic: 13 weeks Random NW  (Read 843 times)

Offline LuluBaby

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 24, 2012, 10:57:57 am »
Hi!
My baby girl will be 13 weeks tomorrow. She sleeps really well at night from 730pm - 7ish am. Her normal NW are between 1-2am then 3 hours later to feed. We tried drooping the 4-5 am feed about 2 weeks ago and it was going well. Out of those two weeks let's say half if the time she still had both feeds and the other times either she slept from 730-7 with one feed around 3-4 or slept all the way through 530 am with no NF.

Now twice this week she has been waking up at random times after 1. It could b every 2 hrs or every hr! I'm not getting much sleep and I'm now working again which makes it harder! Anybody know why she might be doing that and what I can do?

Offline LuluBaby

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 11:01:50 am »
Btw she always had been a great sleeper and never woke up more than twice a night! This is all new...I thought you were suppose to get more sleep as they get older! :/

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: 13 weeks Random NW
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 01:48:07 am »
It sounds like a growth spurt to me, there is one around 3 months that you could be in.  Is she feeding at those NWs? 

Offline LuluBaby

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 03:26:02 am »
I try to wait to see if she feels back asleep and if she doesn't then I feed her. I though of it maybe being a growth spurt or maybe the change of routine now that I am working again? It's hard putting her down for bed (she hadn't done that in a while) she won't nap at my mom's (less than 2 hrs total today) and wakes up frequently at night. It's becoming hard on me coming home from a long day at work and having a hard time to put her to bed only for her to wake up a couple hours after I go to bed myself. :(

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: 13 weeks Random NW
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 18:16:18 pm »
Could definitely be the change in routine.  Is your mom trying to keep her on the same routine that she had before you went back to work?  What does her daily routine look like now?  The resistance at BT makes me think that there's something off with her routine, though it could be the OT from not napping.  How is your mom getting her to sleep?  Same/different from what you were doing?