Author Topic: Set bedtime?  (Read 1019 times)

Offline Claire Marie's mommy

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Set bedtime?
« on: October 26, 2005, 02:24:24 am »
Hi, I am currently putting my daughter(6mo) to bed around 7:30 pm or 2.5 hours after she wakes from her catnap, which ever comes first.  Doing it this way, she goes to bed anywhere from 6:30 to 7:30. Is it OK to do it this way, or should bedtime be the same regardless of the 3rd nap? I'm wondering if I'm throwing off her biorythm by doing it this way.  Also, I'm having a difficult time preparing her for the time change.

Thanks for any input

Jessica :D

Offline VolleyballMama

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Set bedtime?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 02:37:04 am »
Time changes are always hard!! They seem so daunting the first time, then you realize that you will get through them...just a period of adjustment!

How old is your dc? With my dd we put her to bed around the same time every night. At first I had troubles, trying to associate it with the nap. I usually used by best judgement (if she just woke up) Even now, she is 2 I put her to bed around 7-7:30 every night....helps us a TON!!

HTH
Amanda

**Alanna LeeAnn - 9/14/03**
**Jarett Omega - 4/10/06**

The love really IS multiplied!

Offline GG

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 103
  • Chicagoland, IL
Set bedtime?
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 09:39:21 am »
The more consistent you are with bedtime, the better because otherwise it can really throw things off.  That said, if your lo is tired at 6:30 PM, you gotta do what you gotta do.  Just go ahead and put her to bed - don't make her wait another hour.  (Doesn't she wake up an hour ealier, though?)

If you can work on the naps during the day, making those a bit more consistent in terms of length, that should make bedtime more consistent (easier said than done, I know, but that's how it works  :?).
Georgia, mom to 3 sweet babes: touchy Foti, spirited Lena & not-so-tiny Joanna