Author Topic: morning nap always 45 min  (Read 853 times)

Offline asher and noël's mama

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • asher: hebrew for happy
« on: March 08, 2006, 17:36:04 pm »
just a quick question, looking for some advice.  i just got done reading the sleep interview with tracy and it was very helpful.  but... i am not sure what to do about my lo.  her first morning nap is always 45 minutes.  i have tried a few times to extend it, but she fights it.  i probably should try harder, but then her naps that follow are usually 1.5-2 hrs (two naps) and then a catnap of 45 minutes.  so she makes up for it the next naps.  should i worry about trying to extend her morning nap, or leave it because the rest of them she is doing okay?

also is it normal to have to go in at the 45 minute mark and give the paci?  sometimes w/ her later naps i have to do this, but she takes it and usually sleeps another cycle. 

thanks,
kellie
~kellie

asher job 3/30/04
elizabeth noël 12/2/05
abraham kenneth 3/23/07

Offline Mia & Scarlett's Mummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 18
  • Me and my girls (on a tidy day!)
Re: morning nap always 45 min
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 21:07:59 pm »
Hi Kellie

Right up until about 5.5months my dd's morning nap was always 45minutes and she too wopuld go on to have longer naps later in the day.

My theory on it was that after a good nights sleep she wasn't sufficiently tired to go through a 2nd sleep cycle and therefore her first nap was just one sleep cycle - ie. 45 minutes.

I never really fought it - she always woke up happy and well rested.

When Mia was between 3 and 4 months I would quite often have to go back in and pop her dummy back in - it's very rare I have to do it now, she's definately got better at extending her naps as she's gotten older - THANKFULLY!!!  And I think alot of babies do seem to be able to - I'm sure yours will too.  It doesn't sound like she's doing too badly at all!

HTH
Louise -  Mom to Mia Alison born 19.08.05 
Our beautiful english rose and textbook/spirited baby.
New Mom to lovely Scarlett Grace - textbook/touchy