Author Topic: 22 Month Old Wakes up Crying in Middle of Night????  (Read 1400 times)

Offline peyton

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
22 Month Old Wakes up Crying in Middle of Night????
« on: February 19, 2007, 11:32:48 am »
I've been reading about this subject on this site but wonder what to do when I try the wi/wo method but she cries unconsollably when I don't pick her up.  Do I just hug her standing up and walk away and come back or pick her up briefly and put her down and walk away then come back.  Oh boy.  She's always been such a good sleeper as far as not wanting to get up in the middle of the night.  She has awakened at night at times but never actually cried hard to GET UP.  She was a little sick last week with a cough but really that's about over and she's been sick befor without this happening.   :'( Thanks.  Elaine
Elaine

Offline *Natasha*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 223
Re: 22 Month Old Wakes up Crying in Middle of Night????
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 01:19:31 am »
What does her day look like? Could it be due to teething?

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

Offline peyton

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: 22 Month Old Wakes up Crying in Middle of Night????
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 11:56:11 am »
Of course, as soon as I write about a problem, she ends up sleeping through the night without a peep.  I guess it could have been teething or just a disruption in her routine due to being sick for a week.  I guess her so much more aware of her surroundings these past couple of months could have had a impact, too.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that she's back in her routine again. Whew!
Elaine