Author Topic: Can't get 6 week old to take first nap at all anymore!  (Read 728 times)

Offline arabesque

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 12
Can't get 6 week old to take first nap at all anymore!
« on: October 24, 2014, 22:40:40 pm »
Hi ! My 6 week old is struggling with nap 1, as am I! She was taking it consistently but the last few days can't even go to sleep. She mantra cries, and then will go quiet for 10-15 mins, then mantra again, repeat, until she's on fire, Nd by then the nap is half over. I've been putting her in the sling to try to get any nap the last 2 days. Today she's been in her bed for an hour and we have 20 mins left until next feed. She's cranky, I'm stressed . I've left her to mantra, then done shh pay a zillion times, when she was calm and quiet id stop but i don't believe she's been to sleep at all!

We are doing 3hr easy with wakeup at 7am.

Advice much appreciated!!
DS1 July 2007; DS2 April 2010; DD September 2014

Offline lauradj

• Showing Appreciation 61
Re: Can't get 6 week old to take first nap at all anymore!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 02:03:44 am »
I say keep at it with the sling.  At this young age, getting the sleep they need is most important.  Any accidental parenting that may occur now can be undone.  If she needs to take her morning nap in the sling, so be it.  Do you get the witching hour in the evening or has she reversed it for the mornings?

Offline arabesque

• Showing Appreciation 12
Re: Can't get 6 week old to take first nap at all anymore!
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 02:07:23 am »
Thanks!!

I get the witching hour at both times :) is it bad to do nap extension for all naps in the sling? To me it doesn't sound ideal...but even learning to go back asleep again is better than her just waking up and getting up/screaming I guess?
DS1 July 2007; DS2 April 2010; DD September 2014