Author Topic: What to do? Won't eat!!  (Read 944 times)

Offline Meller

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
What to do? Won't eat!!
« on: August 16, 2006, 19:43:39 pm »
Well, my ds is 11 months old and has been on solids since he was 6 months. He LOVED his jarred food till one day... NO MORE.... Which is fine now we do alot of finger foods. And of course now I am running out of ideas. He always has fruit and cereal everymorning, then lunch and supper I try and give meat veggies bread and dairy. A little of everything I guess. The only way he will eat veggies or meat sometimes if I hide it in his yogurt. He loves bread, toasted, and he can't get enough of fruit. But that is about it. Somedays he will eat chicken and beef..wether it is hamburger or souvlaki. So here is my question I guess, Should I be trying to give him all food groups at each sitting? He hates pasta,potatoes and rice!! How do I get him to eat pastas?  I find that really wierd!!

Does anyone else have or had this problem, now he also thinks it's fun to mash all the foods and throw it off his tray...yes I know this is him just expeirencing this whole new food thing, but somedays I think he is going to starve because all he will eat is fruit and yogurt and bread. He still has 3 bottles a day usually 6oz each. Lately they have increased because I don't think he gets enough calories from his solids.

Thanks for any input!
Mel

Offline Meller

• Showing Appreciation 0
Re: What to do? Won't eat!!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 19:46:34 pm »
P.S. He also won't let me feed him unless it is pureed fruit or yogurt!! And he does'nt like when I cut or rip his food into small pieces, He wants the big piece!! Oh what a special child!! LOL ;D

Offline Sleepless in UK

• Showing Appreciation 0
  • Freddie born 09.12.2005 & Billy born 17.01.2008
Re: What to do? Won't eat!!
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 09:16:10 am »
Hi Mel

I am also having this problem with my 8 MO DS.  He has gone off the idea of eating anything from a spoon.  He has 2-3 mouthfuls and then turns his head away and refuses anymore so i'm going with finger foods instead.  He can't feed himself yet so i'm having to put it in his mouth or guide his hand to his mouth when he picks something up.

Does your LO like cheese sauce?  Freddie loves it so i put it on some flakes of fish and he will eat it then.  I haven't tried pasta yet but will probably use the cheese sauce with this too.

My LO also loves bread but i'm worried as sometimes he just seems to want this and nothing else!  I have put apple puree on his toast and this went down well.

Tomato sauce (pureed canned tomatoes or fresh) is another good thing i've found to disguise foods he's not too keen on. 

Hope this helps!!

Trudi

Offline Shdef

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 419
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 09:37:23 am »
Same here. He used to love everything and now he is off it.

Does he like: Toasted grilled cheeses with a few chopped tomatoes? Cucumber sticks? We also went beack to some 4 mo jars, he suddenly likes them again. He also hates anything being warmed up, try and give your LO the food at different temp. and see

HTH

Steffi