Author Topic: Devistated  (Read 1530 times)

Offline Cheymomma77

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
  • My Angel Muffin! xx
Devistated
« on: August 18, 2007, 14:37:17 pm »
I just bought Tracey's book yesterday... accidentally. I went to the store to get one someone had recommended as I am missing heaps of cues for my 4 month old daughter Rhiannon. I had, on Monday, went to a day stay at a hospital that taught "controlled settling" which seems just like controlled crying to me. I can't STAND that method & wanting something that felt more natural. Anyway, I knew deep down there was something between that & total attached parenting method. At first I thought "Why the HECK, did I buy this book  based on the cover?"... then I read it & I was amazed! She said things I had thought were true before I gave birth but couldn't trust myself!!!!

I am in a not so good situation & am making plans to leave & the more I read the more I thought... I HAVE to talk to Tracy, she has to help me get my darling angel & myself back into a healthy routine. Then... I see that she passed away, TWO years ago... I couldn't help but burst into tears. I almost felt as if my own mother had died all over again. I don't know why or how but just things she said about her Nana & the way she "talked" in the book, I could almost hear her Pomey accent  :). I can almost feel your pain for her loss & I am deeply sorry. I would say it gets easier but I think...we just get a higher tolerance for the pain. Maybe Tracey is still around & now able to "whisper" & guide mother's who need help by sending us to the book & to this site. I hope you can still feel her love for she seems to have been an amazing woman & I am beyond words for your loss.

What a joyous thing that some how your beautiful mother goes on touching lives after life & bringing joy to so many people still. I think I am babbling but, I just hope you can get the spirit hugs from my words & know I have a good understanding of your loss & I am amazed that I can feel so strongly about a women I have never met or spoke to. I wish you all the best. It may sound odd but if you ever need to share about the loss, my Mother was taken from us 14 years ago now when I was 21 so I can be a good ear for that kind of thing. Enjoy your memories & her legacy.

May the Great Spirit & Earth Mother bless you & yours always,
Cheymomma77
May the Great Spirit & Earth Mother bless you & yours

Offline Ennypen

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1033
  • My family x
    • my facebook
Re: Devistated
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 14:48:14 pm »
Cheymomma..

Please stay around the site and let us support and help you if we can. None of us can hope to be just like Tracy but we are all here to hold out our hands and support and help people who want to use Tracys methods.

I hope that we can help you and support you and help you with your duaghter xxxx

H xx

daybyday

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 15:09:15 pm »
as Helen wrote...please stick around...this is a wondeful support network....we are so blessed to have had Tracy's wisdom...for too short a time...but the knowledge she left for us parents is still being practiced...looking forward to seeing you around..... :-*

Offline jasmynesmum

• Showing Appreciation 38
  • Being a mummy is the best gift in the world.
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 17:34:58 pm »
Ditto... this sight gives so much support and really aids us mothers who second guess ourselves and question our methods/motives    ::) ::)
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline RachelC

• Girl Scout Extraordinaire
  • Showing Appreciation 865
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 17:38:46 pm »
{{{{hugs}}}  We are here to carry on Tracy's works.  Please stick around, we can help you out  :-*

Proud to have breastfed for a combined total of 35 months