Author Topic: blotchy face  (Read 1248 times)

Offline mella

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: August 19, 2007, 11:40:11 am »
Hi, lately my almost 8 month old boy keeps instantly coming out in blotches all over his lower face after eating. I'm now trying to work out whats causing it as I'm sure its an allergy. He already can't do milk, soya (on Nutramigen) and also gets blotches with apricots. The only thing he's had in the past 2 days the same when he's come out in blotches is apple. I can't believe the offending item is apple though as he's been having it for months with no reaction? Whats worrying me is that yesterday he started wheezing as well. Should I take him to the GP to see if I can get allergy tests or do I just keep watching what he eats?

Offline jennyh

• take each day as it comes.
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 278
  • my angels.
Re: blotchy face
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 07:01:12 am »
i would stop the apple and try again in a few weeks with a tiny bit.if its affecting his breathing then i would tred v.carefully.tomatoes and strawberries do that to dd2.
children are precious,cherish the moments....
dd1 -01-08-03
dd2-29-06-05

Offline Jimbob

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: blotchy face
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 07:45:36 am »
I agree with pp. You need to be very careful if its starting to effect his breathing. I think I would take him to the GP aswell to have him checked. It may also be worth trying to get refered to an allergist if your GP is willing to as it can take time to get an appointment.

James has atopic eczema, multiple food allergies, asthma and late talker