Author Topic: 13month old night waking  (Read 3186 times)

Offline Jodieplus2

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: 13month old night waking
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2007, 09:40:29 am »
Oh, Rowan never seems to go back into a deep sleep in the morning. Today he woke at 5.40am then again at about 6am & seemed awake totally then. Should I maybe leave him to see if he goes back off to sleep? Or go in to settle him (pd) and hope he goes back off?
Or do I just accept that he is an early riser???

Thanks SamuelsMom, I don 't recall him eating any less on those nights, but I will try to ensure that I get plenty of food & milk in him in the late afternoon and hope this helps.

Thanks
Jxx

Offline Layla

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2007, 09:43:31 am »
How is he in the morning? Crying or just making noises?

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline Jodieplus2

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2007, 09:50:42 am »
mainly crying, or grizzling. He used to just make noises and chat to himself, but for the past few weeks it has been crying.
I always thought about him that if he woke crying then he is still tired, but I'm not sure if he would go back to sleep.

Offline Layla

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2007, 09:55:33 am »
Usually in our case when my girls wake in the early hours of the morning crying, that would be an overtired sign. But sometimes they mantra cry in the morning & then return back to sleep.

What do you do at the moment? If he just lets out a cry, I would give him a few mins to see if he will return on his own. If he is then just grizzling or making noises, I would probably leave him alone... but if you are worried the return back to sleep (& therefore risk him being awake from 5am), then you could keep doing what you are doing. If pd is not too stimulating that early in the morning & he returns back to sleep, then I would say continue... but only if he is crying.

Hope that makes sence :)

Offline Jodieplus2

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2007, 10:05:36 am »
"but if you are worried the return back to sleep (& therefore risk him being awake from 5am)"

sorry, what do you mean by this?

Ok, lately he has been letting out a little cry at 5.30am & going back off to sleep, or sometimes he will continue to cry, I can go in & settle him & he will go back off. But he will only usually go back to sleep until 6-6.15am. But during this 45mins, he is usually on & off grizzling, not in a deep sleep. Then finally at 6-6.15am he will be standing & crying and wanting to get out of the cot. But he doesn't look fresh and happy, his eyes look sleepy, so yes, I think you are right, he may be overtired.

I am trying to overcome the overtiredness at the moment- with early bedtimes.

Jx

Offline Layla

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2007, 10:15:38 am »
Sorry, I meant if you are worried he WON'T return back to sleep

Its not uncommon for them to get overtired during the whole transition thing.... I think this is one of those things you have to ride out & try your best to keep him rested. If he took well to 2 naps, that would be great! but if he won't the best you can do is stay with the earlier bedtimes & move that nap towards noon.

Offline Jodieplus2

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2007, 10:19:18 am »
I understand, thanks.

Sometimes I am lucky if we are out in the car in the afternoon, then he will take another nap, but in his cot- NO! ha ha! But I am used to the early bed times now, so we will stick with that & keep moving the nap.
Once again, massive thanks Layla- you are always a BIG help.
Jxx

Offline Layla

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2007, 10:29:01 am »
Oh gosh, I haven't done anything :-[. Jasmine is in a similar boat - some days more tired than others. Some morning are earlier than others... some naps are better than others..... there is a light at the end of the tunnel though... she will HAVE to go to 1 nap someday & be able to handle longer A times.....thats what I am hanging on to :-\ :).