Author Topic: formulas  (Read 2555 times)

Offline mella

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: August 21, 2007, 19:38:25 pm »
can anyone tell me th edifference between Nutramigen and neocate formula if there is any?

em_here

Re: formulas
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 19:42:35 pm »
Neocate formula is completely elemental, contains no milk product, whereas I believe formulas like pepti junior and nutragima (sp) contain milk which is very very chopped up and easier to digest (called semi elemental).  Neocate is for babies with very bad milk allergies that are not helped by the semi elemental formulas.  My DD has to have neocate as she reacts very badly to pepti and nutragima

Nice to see you around again, how are things going?

em_here

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 19:44:45 pm »

Offline mella

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 19:54:39 pm »
HI Emma, things are the same as usual, he's still waking at night, after 8 months i'm exhausted! He's now started to have allergic reactions to food, breaks out in huge blotches on his face and at the w/e started wheezing as well, but cant work out whats causing it. Hows things with you now?

em_here

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 19:57:44 pm »
Yeah going good, abbi only has 15oz of formula a day but is on calcium supplements. Sounds like you need to see a dietician with him, and maybe neocate would help?

Hugs, what a shame things haven't improved, if you need a chat pm me whenever

Offline mella

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 20:02:15 pm »
I'm seeing the paed next week and will ask to be put on Neocate instead of Nurtamigen and see if that helps. I'm also going to ask to be refered to dietitian and for allergy tests, dont know why the gp can't do it??????

Offline mella

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 20:03:29 pm »
Emma, wasn't you avatar a wedding dress? I hope you've got married and thats why it changed! :-*

em_here

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 20:07:05 pm »
lol yeah it was and I did, am now mrs collins lol!  GP should be able to refer, but from what I remember isn't your gp an ass?!?!? If you are having a prescribed formula and obvious allrgy symptoms there is NO reason they cannot refer you  :-*