Author Topic: Whinging a lot during A time  (Read 1687 times)

Offline Sarachan

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
    • BlogGoloso
Whinging a lot during A time
« on: September 15, 2013, 15:35:41 pm »
Hello Mums, I hope someone can give some advice.
My DD is 6 month and she's on a very good 4 hour EASY routine. She's an angel baby, usually very happy and smiles a lot. The problem is that in the last weeks she doesn't seem happy with any activity we do and whinges constantly during A time! It's not hunger or tiredness, maybe it could be teething, but I think the real problem is that she's really frustrated because she's pretty immobile but wants to be mobile. She's learning to sit up on her own in these days, but she's still not able to crawl and she would like to go everywhere and touch everything.
What is the best way to react to her frustration? I really don't know what to do when she cries and screams, should I tell her not to scream or only understand her frustration and be patient?

She was also used to play alone for many minutes, but now she always wants me there or wants to be picked up and I'm afraid she can learn that if she screams I pick her up. I'm afraid this could become accidental parenting, how can I avoid it?

Thanks.

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: Whinging a lot during A time
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 01:37:44 am »
To me, it sounds like she's just going through some transition/wonder week kind of leap -- and in addition is frustrated because she's not as mobile as she'd like to be.  Does she roll at all?  I know at least one of mine was able to get around at this age by rolling about which kept her happy -- I'd probably keep a lot of things within her reach so she can choose which toys she likes.  Also, if she's sitting up ok, you might put her in a high chair or something like that where she can sit up safely and play with some toys.  As for independent play, there's an idea here: Cycle of Activity-Help Build Independent Playtime if you haven't seen it before.