Author Topic: Principles that are nearest to my heart  (Read 1436 times)

Offline Jys

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: September 18, 2007, 03:47:28 am »
I wanted my very first post here to be one that remembers and thanks Tracy for her incredible principles and for the 2 books that I have been reading backwards and forewards and highlighting/bookmarking all the way.
Long before my baby came into this world, I concentrated much more on reading books that have to do with childcare, than pregnancy books. I figured pregnancy only lasts nine months, but raising a child is something I will actually do for a long time. So I pretty much read almost every book out there. I could pick something from every book that I agreed with, but Tracy's books simply nailed it for me. To set up a routine that's healthy for the baby and the family and to do it with such love and respect for the baby is something I have only seen in Baby Whisperer principles, and my first tears of sorrow since my baby was born was actually when I learnt that Tracy is no longer with us (I didn't know this).
May you rest in peace Tracy and your books and teachings is a true gift you have for parents on earth.

daybyday

Re: Principles that are nearest to my heart
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 04:05:03 am »
Jys...welcome and that is truly beautiful...as a mother who didn't "find" BW until after my kids were well into the world, I applaud you for having been ready before hand with an arsenal of BW techniques....

Again welcome to the boards...

~marie

Offline MJMom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 93
  • Do you like my sassy orange crocs?
Re: Principles that are nearest to my heart
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 04:26:51 am »
Beautiful post!!  Thank you for reminding us why we are here!!!
Alissa
~~~~~~~~~~