Author Topic: Diary of a dreamfeed wean!  (Read 71664 times)

Offline * Paula *

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 426
Re: Diary of a dreamfeed wean!
« Reply #120 on: December 11, 2007, 09:17:46 am »
How has she been with her daytime bottles Lyn?
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007

Offline grahamsmama

• Showing Appreciation 38
« Reply #121 on: December 11, 2007, 17:20:25 pm »
Ok-ish.  Just taking 5-6 ounces, but that's up from 3-4 for the two middle ones.  This morning she was up at 4:50 (so not too awful), drank 5.5 ounces and then slept until 7:30!!!
I think I might just skip the df if she's going to fight it anyway, no point staying up to force her to eat 2 ounces.  I'll go to bed earlier and then the 4-5am wakings won't bother me so much.

Offline vadensmommy

• Showing Appreciation 61
  • Sweet girl!
« Reply #122 on: December 11, 2007, 21:44:40 pm »
Hey Lyn! 
I don't blame you on the DF - I'd probably work on weaning the 4-5am feeding instead of trying to force the DF since she doesn't want it.  You could probably do the same thing for that feed - set your alarm for 30min earlier and take down the # of oz ever three days and get the same results - no night feeding, and sleeping through the night.  I hope that goes well for you!

Glad you are enjoying the cheering.  I may need a bit of my own.  DD was at the ER last night with a 104.4F fever=40.22C.  :-[ We have fever reducers and antibiotics now, so hopefully she is on the mend.  She is sleeping really well so far, except for me having to wake her to give the fever reducers.  We may have to do some night time weaning/NW intervention ourselves before it is all said and done, but I hope not. 

Keep up the good work ladies!  I hope we all get some good night's sleep very soon!!!

Offline * Paula *

« Reply #123 on: December 11, 2007, 23:28:31 pm »
Hugs, hope Vaden feels better soon  :-*

Lyn, have you tried offering Meghan just some water at that early am waking to see if she is just thirsty?

Offline grahamsmama

« Reply #124 on: December 12, 2007, 00:50:56 am »

I may need a bit of my own.  DD was at the ER last night with a 104.4F fever=40.22C.  :-[ We have fever reducers and antibiotics now, so hopefully she is on the mend.  She is sleeping really well so far, except for me having to wake her to give the fever reducers.  We may have to do some night time weaning/NW intervention ourselves before it is all said and done, but I hope not. 

Poor little thing.  That's so scary.  I hope she's feeling better.  I'll definitely come up with  a cheer if you need it, but I hope you don't!

Lyn, have you tried offering Meghan just some water at that early am waking to see if she is just thirsty?

Why didn't I think of that? No, I haven't.  But I will tonight!!!  I went out to dinner and dh gave Meg her last bottle and put her to sleep.  She only took 5 ounces for him, it's usually 6, so I hope  that doesn't mess anything up. 
I'm just going to skip the df tonight and offer water and see what she does in the morning.
thanks

Offline vadensmommy

• Sweet girl!
« Reply #125 on: December 12, 2007, 02:23:55 am »
Thanks guys :)
She seems to be doing better, sleeping well right now.  The antibiotic she's on tends to mess up her tummy, so I may be covered in puke for a few days.  May check with the ped tomorrow and see if they'll swap her to a different one. 

Lyn,
the water is a great idea -of course if she won't take just the water, you might be able to water down her formula and see if that helps the weaning process too.  I've never watered down dd's formula, we always took down the # of oz, and fed earlier than the regular waking time, but I've heard of moms doing the other and it worked well too.

:-*  Thanks ladies! 

Offline grahamsmama

« Reply #126 on: December 12, 2007, 15:09:13 pm »
Try some probiotics too, I think that acidophilus works the best for antibiotic related tummy troubles.  I just open a  capsule and dump mix it in with her milk once a day and that seems to work.  Just make sure you store it in the fridge after it's open.

Offline vadensmommy

• Sweet girl!
« Reply #127 on: December 12, 2007, 15:35:59 pm »
Try some probiotics too, I think that acidophilus works the best for antibiotic related tummy troubles. 

I have never heard of these?  We are in US, so I wonder if they call it different things here?
The nurse is supposed to talk to the ped. when he gets in to see if she needs to stay on it, or if we can change it.  She seems to be much much better today - no fever meds, no fever.  Not really taking her bottles well-but again, the antibiotic.  Thanks for the concern guys!  I'll be out of pocket for a few days again - my BIL is getting married - YEAH another girl in the family, and I get my first sister - am excited  ;D

Keep us posted guys on how the weaning goes!!

Offline grahamsmama

« Reply #128 on: December 12, 2007, 17:05:44 pm »
We're in the US too.  I get my acidophilus at Target.  It's in the vitamins/minerals section, they organize alphabetically, so with the A things.  You can also get it at Whole Foods or online at Vitacost.com.

Offline * Paula *

« Reply #129 on: December 12, 2007, 17:11:30 pm »
How did the night go Lyn?

I know what you mean.  Abbie will not take a bottle off anyone else as well as me.  She can drink up to 6oz with me, but will only take 3 or 4 if anyone else is feeding her.

Offline grahamsmama

« Reply #130 on: December 12, 2007, 20:13:29 pm »
Well, she was up at 11, 1 (took about a half ounce of water), then ate a whole bottle at 5. then slept until 7. 
She was just so restless.  Maybe the change in her bedtime routine is the reason.  Pretty sure dh just rocks/feeds her to sleep. 

Offline * Paula *

« Reply #131 on: December 12, 2007, 20:26:32 pm »
Could very well be a growth spurt then Lyn.

:-\ Would DH tell you if he rocked her?

Have been meaning to say, I love your new avatar :-)

Offline grahamsmama

« Reply #132 on: December 12, 2007, 20:48:02 pm »

:-\ Would DH tell you if he rocked her?

No, but I've caught him at it before.  I didn't ask him this time because I didn't want him to think I was being critical and then not agree to let me go on MNO again!!!  I put Meghan down 98% of the time.  I really need to work on getting her more used to him, I think! 

Offline * Paula *

« Reply #133 on: December 12, 2007, 20:55:21 pm »
LOL my DP does it too - sometimes we just gotta let them do what they gotta do. 

I know what you mean about getting them used to your lo.  I needed a break this morning and asked DP to give Abbie her bottle, well she took a few oz and then screamed.  I could hear him getting frustrated, i came downstairs, and she fed better from me  :-\

Offline vadensmommy

• Sweet girl!
« Reply #134 on: December 12, 2007, 21:48:07 pm »
DD absolutely does better with her bottles from me than anybody else.  Sad when MIL or DH wants to do it, but then just gets frustrated by her constantly wanting to get up and play instead of eat.  Wish I had the same desire to play instead of eat  :D
Keep at it Lyn, you'll get there!!!