Author Topic: CONGESTION AND RUNNY NOSE FOR SIX MONTHS  (Read 1006 times)

Offline christine1414

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 21, 2007, 16:12:04 pm »
HELLO EVERYONE, I REALLY NEED SOME ADVICE. I HAVE A 13 OMTH OLD BOY WHO HAS BEEN CONGESTED AND BRATHING THREW HIS MOUTH 90 PERCENT OF THE TIME.BEFORE SOLIDS HE WAS CONGESTED BUT NOT AS MUCH.IT IS HARD FOR HIM TO EAT AS HE NEEDS TO BEATH THREW MOUTH .I THINK THIS MIGHT HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH HIS LIGHT WEIGHT.HE IS 19 POUNDS,BUT WAS BORN AT 4LB 11 OZ.SO HE IS SMALL.ANYWAYS,WHEN I GIVE HIM YOGURT AND CHEESE IT SEEMS WORSE BUT MAYBE I AM JUST IMAGINING THIS.WE DO HAVE A CAT SO WE ARE GOING TO REMOVE HER FROM THE HOUSE FOR THREE WEEKS.I FEEL SO BAD FOR HIM AND THE DOCTORS WANT TO WAIT UNTILL THE CAT IS OUT BEFORE DOING ANY DIET RESTRICTIONS. DOES THIS SOUND LIKE A POSSIBLE FOOD ALLERGY? WHEN HE WAKES IN THE MORNING THERE IS VERY LITTLE CONGESTION.IT GETS WORSE OVER THE DAY.HELP PLEASE!

Offline jennyh

• take each day as it comes.
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 278
  • my angels.
Re: CONGESTION AND RUNNY NOSE FOR SIX MONTHS
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 17:13:08 pm »
dd2 is like this.milk,soy,wheat and tomatoes really affect her.i would keep a food diary and give yourself a chance of seeing a pattern.....hth jenny
children are precious,cherish the moments....
dd1 -01-08-03
dd2-29-06-05

Offline Jimbob

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: CONGESTION AND RUNNY NOSE FOR SIX MONTHS
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 19:34:44 pm »
Sorry I have not responded earlier for some reason this post has escaped me. It does sound like your lo has possible food allergies especially to dairy. The advice of the food diary that Jenny gave is good solid advice it certainly helped to pinpoint some of my ds's allergies. Please give us an update when you can.

James has atopic eczema, multiple food allergies, asthma and late talker