Author Topic: Coughing baby- 4 months  (Read 911 times)

Offline Larissanne

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Eva's Mom
Coughing baby- 4 months
« on: September 23, 2007, 04:00:15 am »
My baby has been couging since 6 months (when I stopped breastfeedin).  It is the sort of wet cough that seems like she is trying to cough something out.  For 3 months, my doctor thought it was reflux and have tried various ways to treat it.  Nothing has worked.  We then got sent to an pulmonoligist and he thinks she has congested airways.  However, today we were on a day trip and noticed that she didn't cough once.  However, when we stopped to feed her milk, she started coughing within 1 minute.  It was a like an "Ah ha" moment for my husband and I.  She coughs when we feed her and when we put her to sleep.  Those times, we feed her right before going to bed.  My husband is milk and soy intolerant.  Is coughing a sign of a milk allergy?  All the research I see is that they have diarhea.  She mainly has just the coughing, no diarhea, but does poop soon after she eats.  Anyone with experience on this?  Also, has anyone had an allergy test for a milk allergy for their baby that is less than 1 year old?  For some reason my Dr. does not want to do any allergy tests...

Offline Jimbob

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: Coughing baby- 4 months
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 07:40:14 am »
Coughing can be a sign of allergy and as it seems to happen when she is given her feeds then I would definately think it is related. We had RAST tests done for myson at 11 months old but they were done at the hospital as in the UK Gp's can't order the tests for a child until they are 4, but they can refer them.

James has atopic eczema, multiple food allergies, asthma and late talker