325 (52.7%)
4-6 months
94 (15.2%)
7-9 months
29 (4.7%)
10-12 months
5 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 596

Author Topic: when did you start using EASY?  (Read 46434 times)

Offline babymunkey

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 38
  • Helen.....call me H
Re: when did you start using EASY?
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2008, 19:45:07 pm »
I kind of started straight away - I read the book while pregnant. But our boy was induced 3 weeks early and only 4 lbs 12 at birth, so he slept alot. So for about 4 or 5 weeks we just did EaSY - tiny a of nappy change and cuddle only. We didn't have to do any sleep training as he would just pass out as soon as we put him back down. We were waking him for feeds as he was so sleepy, so it was simple to get onto 3 hour EASY from the beginning. We started sleep training as soon as he was able to stay awake for an hour or so, and luckily he's angel/textook so he got the hang of that as well. Sadly we aree now into 45 minute naps! But happily, last night he did his first 12 hour night with only a DF, so something is working!

Offline flowergirl

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2008, 08:20:34 am »
I implemented it yesterday!  I'm also trying to convert from 2 hourly to 3 hourly feeds as my 9 week old should be capable of doing this!  The change meant that she effectively lost a feed yesterday so woke at 1:30am for a feed for the first time in 3 weeks last night- I'm hoping that she'll get used to eating more and will resume the 8 hour unbroken sleep stretch that she had been managing.  EASY is already giving me more time for me during the day and it is only day 2!

Offline Genser

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2008, 11:06:09 am »
As soon as I found the book.  Which was quite by accident at the library - was searching desperately for something to make my life easier!

This was two weeks ago. Struggling to get things on plan as she was 3 months when we started and had quite a lot of eating and napping problems.  Quite good night sleeper though.

All in all very glad for EASY and will keep at it.  Wish has been told about it sooner.

Offline SFFC

• Perth, Australia
  • BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Lucas & Campbell
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2008, 12:08:46 pm »
I started EASY 3 nights ago and already I am noticing a small change. My DS is 9 months old next week and until now has had no routine. He used to sleep through the night but not so good in the day. He then stopped sleeping through the night and both my DH and I were feeling exhausted. In a desperate attempt to try something new we started EASY. It is early days but we are hoping it will work!! :)

Offline Babie4ka

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2008, 12:55:38 pm »
I just started few days ago,  my ds is almost 4 months and would sleep 9 hours through the night from 8:30 to 5:30 which to me was good but i had to make myself go to sleep at 9 to have the energy to wake up with him that early... Also he was a fussy eater and after reading the book i realized i was feeding him the same way when he was born, every 2 hours but i would give him 4 oz  when he wakes up and then he got a habit of falling asleep only with a bottle to go back to sleep so i would offer another 2 oz before sleep.. it became a cycle of eat play eat sleep ( was all wrong)!! now i started the easy and first time getting him to sleep without bottle took like 45 min of crying with pu/pd... now 3 days later it takes 20 minutes or so with no crying to gently shush pat him to sleep. and now last night he slept 11 hours!! very happy about it, and its so nice to not have to wash and prepare 9 bottles a day !

I found a website to help track your baby, the best thing to start using EASY routine:
http://www.trixietracker.com/

Offline austinmama

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2008, 21:14:01 pm »
I'm starting my 4 week old on it TODAY!!! Wish me luck, she's going to be on a 4 hour schedule, I think... Any suggestions for a beginner???

Offline Leia and Sabrina's Mom - Jessica

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #66 on: August 04, 2008, 21:25:07 pm »
I have been doing it for a week and four days...my LO is 7 weeks and 6 days. It was the best thing I ever did. Her disposition has greatly improved (although she doesn't smile anymore but that is because she is always sleeping). and I know now that I am giving her what she needs and wants. I had no idea that she really wanted to sleep a lot. I thought she could be awake for over an hour at a time and she just can't. She rarely cries now and she has learned the ability to fall asleep on her own. I used to spend 30-50 minutes wrapping, shhhing and bouncing her at night...all to start over again when she woke up as I put her down. This was killing me mentally and physically. I almost lost it until one Friday I plowed through the book and implemented BW steps that afternoon. Now for sleep time- I sing a song, turn on some white noise and close the shades. Within 10-20 minutes, after a few mantra calls here and there...she is asleep. She sleeps for a 12 hour stretch with one 3am feeding. EASY really works...no day is perfect...but I really feel like my baby is much happier...she used to be so fussy and cry a lot. Now - she eats, sleeps, and makes funny faces. Good luck to everyone!  :D

Offline kosmofitness

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2009, 18:22:45 pm »
Hello,
I started using EASY around 2 months old and it has worked fabulously! Hang in there ladies, it worked so well that not even jetlag through off my LO. She was an extremely touchy baby and now she wakes up with a smile, and will even sleep through the night 11-12 hours. She is now 10 months old. I hope this website and the people on it help you as much as they help me all the time.

Be prepared for some peaks and valleys but it is all worth it! Perseverance is key and look out for your LO's sleep cues.

Best,
kosmofitness

Offline palace

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2009, 15:39:18 pm »
Well I finally got around to reading the Baby Whisperer's book and, oh my goodness, it's amazing! We started E.A.S.Y. a couple of days ago and my DS has slept both nights from 8pm to 7am with just one feed in the early hours to carry her through. I tried to dream feed her on the first night but she just couldn't wake up, bless her, so I popped her back in her cot and she didn't wake again until 4am! I, however, didn't sleep so well - it was so quiet that I kept bringing the monitor to my ear so I could hear her snuffling and breathing away. I was expecting it to be such an uphill struggle with lots of waking up for the first few nights but it's like she's been waiting all this time for me to sort myself out (she's 14 weeks)- she's happier and chattier and more gorgeous than ever during the day because she's getting enough sleep. I feel guilty for not doing it sooner as the evenings spent crying for hours were clearly her way of telling me she was exhausted from lack of daytime naps and a bedtime routine. I've started her on 3 hourly feeds during the day but she's fighting it hard and still seems to want feeding every 2 to 2 1/2 hours. I'll let her dictate as she seems to know far better than I do and it's a small price to pay if I get 11 hours "off" every night plus 3 or 4 hours worth of me time every day. What a result!
Palace x