Author Topic: Boards not coming up?  (Read 2819 times)

Offline Karin3

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 17
Boards not coming up?
« on: September 30, 2007, 16:42:55 pm »
This is an odd technical question.  How I get to the boards is that the BW main page is in my favs and then from there I click on the link for the boards.  For the past week or so when I click on the link, internet explorer will get completely locked up and stop responding.  It won't even let me hit stop, refresh, or click in the log-in boxes.  Sometimes when it does this the, information bar (I guess what you call it?), on the bottom says it's opening a google ad.  It says something like, http://page2ad.google.com...... (then it gives a bunch of numbers and other stuff that I don't remember...)  I end up having to cntrl+alt+del, close internet explorer, and try again. 

Some days it will take 3-4 tries before it comes up.  Today, I did this for about 30 mins.  Then, when it does come up.  It goes right to the boards within seconds.  I log-in and everything is good.  I haven't had this happen on any other sites.  Do I need to change something on my end?  What could be causing this?  It's really frustrating.

Hopefully my explanation makes sense.  I'm not a very techy person. LOL  ;)
Karin
Stepmom to Caroline, 10 years old

Offline Gareth - Harvey & Theo's Dad

• Mac Daddy
  • Showing Appreciation 218
Re: Boards not coming up?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 17:32:15 pm »
It sounds as though your cache has corrupted.  My first advice would be to clear out your cookies and Temporary Internet Files.  If you're not sure how to do this tell me which version of Internet Explorer you are using and I will give instructions :)
Gareth

Harvey - 18 Nov 2003

Theo - 24 Dec 2005

Offline Karin3

• Showing Appreciation 17
Re: Boards not coming up?
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 16:05:55 pm »
Thanks Gareth!

I deleted the cookies & temporary internet files.  I went ahead and did a disk cleanup & defragment.  It only did the lock-up thing once today.  So, hopefully this does the trick.  :)

Thanks!
Karin
Stepmom to Caroline, 10 years old