Poll

Where does your baby nap at home?

Bedroom
Livingroom
In a sling / your arms
Swing/bouncy chair
Other

Author Topic: Those with 2 young LO's or more, where does your baby nap at home?  (Read 593 times)

Offline Stace

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 29
  • Look into my eyes, not around my eyes.....
My DD is almost 3 months; she has been a great napper in her cradle swing until recently when she seems to be getting bored of it and is fighting her naps, so I have started putting her in her moses basket in our livingroom. She only seems to take short naps as DS disturbs her and it got me thinking about what others do?

Where does your baby sleep if you have other children in the house?

Cheers,

Stace x

Offline woopster

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 398
  • 4 gone...how many more?
Re: Those with 2 young LO's or more, where does your baby nap at home?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 11:16:08 am »
Hiya Stace, at the moment the King sleeps either in his cot in our room or his bouncy chair on the dining room table (yes, I know, bad mum, but it's either that or get jumped on by 3 boisterous toddlers!!)
Harry: 29 July 2003
Lydia: 28 June 2005
Sam:  28 June 2005
David: 28 June 2005 - 12 August 2005
Daniel: 19 July 2007
That's all folks!
(Well, maybe another girl if I can convince DH!)

Offline Isabella and Scarletts mummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 11:55:09 am »
When both my DDs were small they napped in the pram in the living room, they were both 45 minute nappers, so i found it easier to hear them stirring and get to them quickly, to try to re-settle them.  Also DD1 was only 15 months when DD2 was born, so i couldn't leave her downstairs while i went up to DD2 at nap time. Once they got to around 6/7 months i started putting them in their cots for naps, but DD2 will still nap in pram if we're visiting friends etc

HTH :)
Amy

Isabella Jane 26.11.04
Scarlett Rose 16.03.06

Offline fifis

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 20:44:49 pm »
I have 21 month old and 6 month old and i put them to sleep during the day in different rooms in their buggys.  If not the eldest will wake 6 month old.  It has worked well so far.  Put DS in a room by herself and close the door.  Put a baby monitor in with her and you'll hear her stir.  I find once the door is close DS won't remember that his little brother is in there and run in and rob his soother and wake him.