Author Topic: when to try cows cheese..happily on goat yogurt now  (Read 1023 times)

Offline fitfamily

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
when to try cows cheese..happily on goat yogurt now
« on: October 08, 2007, 16:50:58 pm »
my ds is a happy eater.  Diagnosed MSPI at 3 mo with food intolerances.  He started with baby food at 8m and is now on goat yogurt.  I am offering rice milk (too scared to try cows milk).  I want to know if this is a good time to try to offer cows cheese and/or yogurt.  He will be 1yr  on Friday!!

Offline Jimbob

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: when to try cows cheese..happily on goat yogurt now
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 18:59:25 pm »
Some children with MSPI do outgrow it by the age of 1. If you do decide to try it then I would take it very slowly. I have heard that hard cheese is supposed to be the best thing to start with, although some people start with yogurt. Good luck if you decide to go ahead and please let us know how it goes.

James has atopic eczema, multiple food allergies, asthma and late talker

Offline fitfamily

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 01:15:14 am »
I'm too gunshy.  i'm going to wait for a few months.  Thanks for the lead about the hard cheese.

Offline skatty

• Showing Appreciation 352
  • My spirited girl
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 05:05:28 am »
Hi Fitfamily, we have been giving Leorah small amounts of cheddar since Saturday (was 1 on Friday!) and we have had no rection whatsoever and she used to react within 24 hours.I firstly just sprinkled a small amount on her pasta left it a day and then did the same on Monday evening and yesterday I mixed some in scrambled egg and today I am going to go all out and melt some on toast. I still daren't give any cows milk, she still drinks rice milk but I rekon if you are doing well with goats yoghurt there is a good chance cheese will be ok, our allergist told us goat produce is no different from cows for lids with MSPI. Go for it, I very nearly didnt and I am so glad we did now  :)
Katt

Offline Jimbob

• Showing Appreciation 59
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 11:14:28 am »
Glad its still going well skatty.

Fitfamily, if you do not feel ready then it may be best to leave it a while until you are sure you want to give it a go. There is no rush just go at your own pace.

James has atopic eczema, multiple food allergies, asthma and late talker