i have a great recipe for mac n cheese - wonder if you could just use ww pasta and add in a puree? would the puree make it too runny? could you add less milk and add a puree instead like cauliflower?
Baked Macaroni and Cheese
1/4 lb Elbow Macaroni
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 Tablespoons butter
1/8 each onion
1/2 Tablespoons flour
1/16 teaspoons dry mustard
1/8 teaspoons pepper
1/4 teaspoons salt
3/8 cup milk
1. Boil noodles to instructions
2. Drain and pour into baking dish. (1/2 size steamable foil pans work great for 1lb of pasta.)
3. Saute onions in butter.
4. Add flour, dry mustard, pepper, and salt.
5. Stir in milk until thickened.
6. Remove from heat; stir in shredded cheddar cheese
7. Pour over noodles; cover with foil.
8. Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
9. Stir; add more milk and cheese to taste.
NOTE: Onions, flour, dry mustard, pepper, and salt are all optional. The other ingredients make a good macaroni and cheese, but it doesn’t “stick” together.