Author Topic: Just about out of options....  (Read 2718 times)

Offline Peek-a-boo

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 326
Re: Just about out of options....
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2007, 04:44:19 am »
Where I live, Safeway has almond milk--not sure about hazelnut, but it is more expensive than rice milk.   

Offline appletree

• Showing Appreciation 51
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2007, 17:26:52 pm »
So..........what exactly is it made of? Wendee
Wendee <3

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2007, 15:05:15 pm »
IMHO, if she has such a problem with soy milk, she likely has a soy problem in general and soy formula may be causing problems too. I know it can be expensive but the rice milk does sound like the best option. Would it be possible to have her allergy tested before she goes to biomom? If the allergist finds something specific maybe she can write a prescription for rice milk which would allow for some coverage? Big hugs to you.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline appletree

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2007, 16:53:13 pm »
Thanks Karen......... the more I think about it, she's doing SO WELL on the rice milk, I kinda don't want to switch again especially back to "formula" even if it is a toddler kind. I feel like that would be a step backwards for her. I know it's rather expensive buy to me her health is worth a few extra bucks a month to purchase it. When she goes home to her biomom if she wants to switch her then, she can, but I think I've decided not to.  :-\ Wendee
Wendee <3

Offline Jimbob

• Showing Appreciation 59
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2007, 18:45:42 pm »
I think you have made the best decision after all its her health that is the most important.

Karen, nice to see you around again.

James has atopic eczema, multiple food allergies, asthma and late talker

Offline appletree

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2007, 18:55:51 pm »
Thanks. I'll keep you posted of any changes. Someone mentioned something you can add to make it thicker have you heard of this? Wendee
Wendee <3

binxyboo

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2007, 19:22:41 pm »
I think mydreamcametrue used to add coconut milk and rice protein to it.

I don't add anything to it. At Bella's age, Riley was still nursing some, and when he switched fully to Rice Milk, at around 15 months ?? I was told by my paed that he should drink about 16-18 ounces of it a day. As it doesn't have a lot of calories in it, I didn't stress about trying to make him drink more than that, but tried to get more calorific foods into his diet instead, such as avocado etc. He is also okay with yoghurt, so he has at least 8oz of yoghurt every day.

Offline Jimbob

• Showing Appreciation 59
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2007, 19:26:57 pm »
We use duocal to add to James's formula to add extra calories but this is prescription only. I know there are products in the US called simply thick and thick it. I don't really no much about these so I can't say if they are prescription only or not.

James has atopic eczema, multiple food allergies, asthma and late talker

Offline appletree

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2007, 19:36:54 pm »
Michelle, was Riley milk & protein enzyme intolerant? Bella loved yogurt & I feel so bad that I can't give it to her anymore. It didn't used to be a problem I don't think but it's hard to tell.

Bella will drink about 24 oz. easy. She's going thru a spell where she's not interested in solids a whole lot now. When she was on the bottle it was the other way around.  ::)

Jimbob, she doesn't need extra calories I don't think I just thought if it was thicker it may help her sleep more at night  ???

Thanks ladies, Wendee
Wendee <3