Author Topic: My son hates the car seat!!!!  (Read 970 times)

Offline kmetli

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 14, 2007, 01:24:13 am »
I don't know where to post this one. But my son hates the car seat, unless he is just up from a nap and fed.(it seems like anyway) He never sleeps in the car and crys for almost every car ride. I though they were supposed to like the car rides. Could it maybe be car sickness? Does anyone have any suggestions to help make the car ride any better. I really dislike the rear faceing car seats, I couldn't wait until my daughter hit 20lbs or one year old. We weaned from the paci when he was 3 mo and now he is 5mo so no paci. His lovey doesn't help either. Thanks for listening. I also can't get him to take a cat nap after 4pm either, but that is a whole other issue.

Kate

Offline momofclaire

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • No, I want to marry daddy!
Re: My son hates the car seat!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 02:14:37 am »
Kate,
I feel for you.   :(  Some babies just don't like the car.   I found that mirrored toys worked well for Claire.  If he is the sensitive type you might try to keep your radio low or on soft soothing music, also be sure that the sun isn't getting in his eyes.  I hope someone comes along with some better advice.
Myia
[img width= height=]http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/6/687/68748.png[/img]

Offline kmetli

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 05:53:33 am »
Thanks for the advice, He is a touchy baby so I think just another month or so when he can really grab a toy and entertain himself might work, lullibies are next. Thanks again.
Kate

Offline gpmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 12
  • My 4 year old!
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 17:51:46 pm »
Kate I was looking on this board for responses for this very problem.  My lo is 3.5 months and hates car rides.  She usually dries the whole time and once I open the door she stops.  I think she just wants to see me.  I have a mirror back there but I do not think she can see me:(  She is too little for toys really.  I have a 4 hour trip each way to see granny next weekend, should be fun!  (Plus I really NEED to shop while I am there)
Joan...mom to Daisy!!
Born July 25, 2007
My perfect little bug.