Author Topic: Ggrrr just need to vent  (Read 1042 times)

Offline *Natasha*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 223
Ggrrr just need to vent
« on: October 14, 2007, 02:18:20 am »
So i am having our second baby in a few days and we have talked to DD about the baby all through the pregnancy. She is very excited about having a baby brother or sister and also the fact she will be sleeping at my parents house overnight for the first time.
She is a fantastic sleeper never a problem to go down bedtime is 7.30pm she generally wakes around 7am and goes down for her nap between 12.10-12.20pm no problems for 1.5hrs occasionally 2hrs.
HOWEVER last week she started waking at 6.15/6.30am and not wanting to go down for her nap. When she eventually falls alseep she only sleeps for 45mins-1hr and a few time has woken crying which she never does. She is then in a meltdown mode all day which isn't like her.
Is this due to the new baby coming or something else. Her poops (sorry TMI) have been off and she has a day with not doing one which she never does and we think she may be slightly constripated. The other thing we think it could be is sinus as DH suffers with it badly and she has been sneezing and stuffy lately as well. She tells us her teeth hurt and needs panadol but i think she is use to her teeth being sore when she was teething and she know panadol helped with that pain.
She goes down fine for nights but the last few days has woken briefly 2-3hrs after going down.
Thanks for listening any advise appreciated.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 02:40:15 am by Natasha »

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

Offline LucyA

• Showing Appreciation 204
Re: Ggrrr just need to vent
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 09:27:45 am »
{{{hugs}}}
Could it be her 2 yr molars? Sounds like some overtiredness too. Have you tried earlier nap/bedtime to compensate? Could well just be the impending arrival of baby, in which case I guess you just need to ride it out...
Lucy

[img width= height=]http://lb3f.lilypie.com/a155p2.png[/img]

[img width= height=]http://lb5f.lilypie.com/iilRp2.png[/img]

Offline Layla

• Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 09:39:29 am »
Natasha love, I think its probably related to whats coming up. I agree with LCM.... you might just have to ride it out & in the meantime try to keep her rested by offering earlier bedtime. Things were really up in the air when Jasmine was born for a few weeks (night wakings, short naps)... it only lasted a few weeks here so hopefully Catherine will go back to sleeping well soon for you.

Is DH going to be around for a few weeks when the bub is born?

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline *Natasha*

• Showing Appreciation 223
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 23:03:19 pm »
{{{hugs}}}
Could it be her 2 yr molars?
We have had these for a while
Sounds like some overtiredness too. Have you tried earlier nap/bedtime to compensate? Could well just be the impending arrival of baby, in which case I guess you just need to ride it out...

Totally agree and yes we have been putting her down earlier for bedtime.

So yesterday i had to do GW for her nap and she woke after 45mins really upset when i went into her she was still half asleep but obviously in pain poor thing. DH finally got her up and it took her a while to settle then she was fine for the rest of the afternoon. Put her to bed early no worries and no NWings either waking up very happy this morning at 7am and had a huge breakfast.
I think a little of it is also the arrival of a new baby in a few days.
Layla yes DH will be home with me for a week then my Mum will be around to help me out as well.

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 854
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 19:59:23 pm »
Natasha, could she have a sinus infection or something like that? Some of the sinuses dip down in the face right above the teeth. People often go to the dentist thinking they have a bad tooth when it's really a sinus problem. Maybe that's why she's saying her teeth hurt?
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline * Paula *

• Showing Appreciation 426
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 20:14:14 pm »
Hugs Natasha,

We have had a few days of no naps here - only in nursery not at home, so not sure what is going on.
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2007, 11:08:53 am »
Only just saw this now Natasha. Is she feeling better now from the tummy bug?
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01