Poll

Does your child (who is b/w 1 & 2) eat one food one day but not the next time you give it to them?

Pretty much---What will he eat today
4 (50%)
Not really----He will eat anything anyday
1 (12.5%)
Depends on his mood--Depends on what I eat
1 (12.5%)
We just keep giving him different choices until he eats---AHHHHHH
2 (25%)
Never Happens
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Eat one thing today but not tomorrow  (Read 1132 times)

Offline cajunpowermom

• Cajun Power Sauce Family
  • New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Christmas Card 2006
Eat one thing today but not tomorrow
« on: October 14, 2007, 02:44:22 am »
Ladies we are having our first controll issue from our 13 1/2 month old DS. I don't know if we should set the rules because we are the parents or if we should feed him what he wants.
One day he likes bread and next he doesn't
One day he like hot dogs and spits it out two days later
We know very clearly when he doesn't like the food because he kindly picks it up (might try it) and drops it off his tray. Some things he does that just by touching and I am assuming its the texture.

And Ladies don't get me started on veggies---------I have hit a dead end with that.

Just wondering your opinion on the poll---I would love suggestions
May God give you the graces you need to take care of the gift(s) He has given you. Children are from God, what a wonderful gift to recieve.

Kessie--Louisiana USA

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
Re: Eat one thing today but not tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 19:49:53 pm »
Mine does this as well, both of them really.  I think it has more to do with how hungry they are than what they like and dont like KWIM?  What i do is make sure there is at least one thing on the plate that I KNOW FOR SURE that they like and then they choose to eat it or not.   Really, and I am sure have heard this before, they will not starve themselves.

HTH

Offline Kimberly®

• Showing Appreciation 126
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 21:43:32 pm »
we have one of those odd children who really just eats anything ans everything. However I do know its normal for children to be like that. One day they are starving the next they could care less.

We always give small amounts at a time, easier and less waistfull to give her more then if you give to much.
Kimberly

Angelle

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 00:37:46 am »
my DD has been like that for months now.  she was obsessed with cheese.  then after a week or so, no cheese.  no matter what kind it was.  then we moved onto to oatmeal, then corn, etc. 

IMO, adults act that way too.  crave something one day and not the next so why should kids be treated differently?  he is just starting to realize he likes some things and not others.  or like something one day and not the next. 

when my DD does that, i'll offer something else until we hit something she is in the mood for.  she can't talk very well yet so it's a guessing game most of the time.  also, there are times she just doesn't feel like eating.  so we wait.   my suggestion would be to give choices that are acceptable to you.  like if he doesn't want bread then offer something else that would be OK to you if he did eat.  i think parents may make the mistake of offering junk food just to get kids to eat.

i wouldn't sweat it.  he is a toddler now and will want to start deciding things in his life.  if he eats something and that something is healthy enough in your opinion, then he's fine.

Offline elmarie

• Showing Appreciation 263
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 09:35:19 am »
My dd does the same thing.  Today it's chicken nuggets, tomorrow something else . So I'm always trying new things, i'm sitting with a freezer full of boxes of weird stuff that hasn't been eaten. LOL! :)