Author Topic: How do you entertain your toddler in the car?  (Read 4625 times)

Offline Lu_C

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • I luuurve the cake
    • English Pro
Re: How do you entertain your toddler in the car?
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2007, 15:48:20 pm »
Poor little thing. Must be rubbish getting motion sick.
English writing, editing and proofreading online

Offline Karin3

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 17
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2007, 00:17:32 am »
Oh my, no wonder she hates the car.  :(
Karin
Stepmom to Caroline, 10 years old

Offline ~S~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 37
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2007, 19:03:54 pm »
Try moving her car seat to a different side of the car.  I get car sick and how sick I get depends on where I am sitting, especially in the back seat.  Also fortunately my lo1 didn't get car sick until recently and we have never used a TV in the car (I want us to talk as a family and them to enjoy nature, yes sometimes, I rethink that, but I so far we've stuck to it, and we do do relatively long car trips often, 4hr car trips about every 2 wks here recently, and an 1 1/2 hr trip is nothing for us, we live in the boondocks.), but recently she has started getting car sick, which is a tragedy b/c she takes the family  over the top, so I mentioned it to the Chiropractor and he fixed it.  For our lo2 we point out the cows, horses, or windmills or the stars at night.  We play music, or sing.  I also bought them the old timey "slates"  They have plastic film over the top of waxy stuff and you use a plastic thing shaped like a pencil and just lift the plastic film to erase the picture, so no worries about crayons melting or them writing on anything else.  We also bring books, that she hasn't looked at recently, and she likes to hold my dh hand ( I have had to do most of the driving lately) if all else fails.
~S~

lo1 3/99
lo2 9/05