Author Topic: At 9 months do they HAVE to have a forward facing seat?  (Read 4780 times)

daybyday

Re: At 9 months do they HAVE to have a forward facing seat?
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2007, 22:11:40 pm »
nosleepbaby...I think North American laws are different than UK......

Offline Shdef

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 419
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2007, 22:14:34 pm »
If she is 22 pound, can sit independently and can't straighten her legs in the rear facing seat I would go to a shop that sells them and have them evaluate it. Maybe forward facing is better for her weight, length and development, but they will know for sure, maybe not. Service is good, they will probably give you good advice.

Well done for being so thoughtful  :-*
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 22:24:29 pm by Steffi »

Offline NoSleepBaby

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • My Little Monkey
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2007, 22:15:48 pm »
w w w DOT youtube DOT COM /watch?v=psmUWg7QrC8

had links but they disappeared

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psmUWg7QrC8

em_here

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2007, 22:18:34 pm »
You are putting your child at risk by moving her to forward facing.. and a 6month old should

Oh that was the car seat manufacturer, he also said to me recently is def a weight thing, cannot view the link, think it need to be a hyperlink

em_here

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2007, 22:28:19 pm »
Oh i dont have that version of flash.

I have threw the old ones so she will be forward facing as per the law here anyway, I best go with the law here really

em_here

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2007, 22:29:54 pm »
Thanks for posting the link though I just cant view it sorry  :-[

Offline *Vicki*

• Lazy Spice
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • mischief makers........
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2007, 22:34:21 pm »
gawd i thought id tripped and fell into the debate forum!

Emma - there are combination car seats that you can buy which are shaped more like a 0+ car seat kwim?

I have one for DD1 - it rear faces for birth + then goes rearward for 1year plus, 20/22lb + etc etc  they are reclinable and they 'surround' the baby thus minimising the risks..the one i have is made by britax

The thing is, likeSteffi says, it depends on the child and their individual development..my daughter didnt go into her forward facing position until she was over a year old but that was coz she was utterly squashed...admittedly if you have a 20lb child whos 4 months old (wholly possible) I would say common sense should be the main stay in the descision so a four month old however big would not have the neck muscles to sustain a safe positionin a crash

The car seat i have is a combination car seat called the britax eclipse. they are more pricey but worth it in the long run...mothercare quite often do them on offer.... dont forget some LO's are much bigger physically than their weight says IYKWIM...my Lo is 5 months old, only 17lb but looks like a 7 month old baby...she was holding her head up by 4 weeks of age by herself (im not saying thats how you should judge im just saying that every baby reaches stages at different times regardless of age and weight)

The most important thing to remember is it dont matter half as much what position she faces as making sure its fitted correctly..coz even in the 'right' seat it aint gonna be safe in an accident if it aint fitted right..

when you come up sat have a look at mine...
Mummy to

Megan Marjorie Alice 12/07/03
and
Cerys Elizabeth Rose 29/05/07

em_here

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2007, 22:37:27 pm »
Thank you Vicki, DD is huge, and nearly 10 months now, so am gonna go with law on weight and age, but would be interested to see your ones, thank u

Offline *Vicki*

• Lazy Spice
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • mischief makers........
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2007, 22:39:03 pm »
its a nice seat...much more suited to bigger babies

but yeah have a look at it and see what you think
Mummy to

Megan Marjorie Alice 12/07/03
and
Cerys Elizabeth Rose 29/05/07

Offline NoSleepBaby

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • My Little Monkey
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2007, 01:43:36 am »
I wanted to say I am sorry Emma... I didn't realize you were in the UK.  Isn't it weird how much the laws vary from one country to the other on things

em_here

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2007, 07:54:12 am »
I wanted to say I am sorry Emma... I didn't realize you were in the UK.  Isn't it weird how much the laws vary from one country to the other on things

Dont worry  :) yes it is funny how they do vary so much, as I said thank you for posting the link, useful for people in america (is that where you are) but could view it any way due to the flash content lol (silly out of date puter), dont worry its fine  :)