Author Topic: A time before nap for 2-2.5 year old?  (Read 893 times)

Offline PeepersMom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« on: October 23, 2007, 20:13:17 pm »
we have been doing pretty well with 5.5 for a long time but these past 3 days have questionable.  He still seems to fall asleep easily at about 5.5-5.75 hours A time, but his naps have only been 30-35 minutes!  his night time sleep is ok, but not soooo wonderful that he doesn't need at least an hour nap!  last night he slept a full 11 hours, but most nights it is 10.5-11. Rare occasion longer.

Last week he had all his naps over 1 hour which is good for him.  He was a prety happy kid.  He wakes up crying no matter how long he sleeps - just what he does at nap time - so that doesn't help me decide if he has had enough sleep.  Total amount of sleep is low normal.  I just doubt that 30 min day time sleep is even refreshing.

thanks,

Meg
Sweet Boy PJ "I'm too excited to sleep!"
DOB 7/28/05
Jovie love
DOB 1/24/11
Big Boy Miles
DOB 4/29/12

andibig

Re: A time before nap for 2-2.5 year old?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 20:35:29 pm »
Sasha is almost the same age as your little man and recently her naps have varied from 2hrs,1.5hrs or no nap at all!!
I think personally its a phase they go through at this age with their naps and as long as their night sleep is ok and they are not getting overtired then leave it be.
Usually her naps will settle down again so we just continue to put her down for a nap at the same time.just every few weeks she likes to test me ::)
HTH

Offline *Natasha*

• Showing Appreciation 223
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 23:41:10 pm »
My DD wakes up 7ish give or take 15mins and goes down for her nap at 12.30pm for 1.5hrs these days occasionally 2hrs if she had a busy morning. Then bedtime is 7.30pm asleep within 15mins.

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

Offline Andys mum

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 04:50:43 am »
Hi,

We had a similar situation with Andy recently.  He was all over the place with his day sleep for about a week.   I was convinced that he was going to drop the nap.  I got advice from this site...basically be consistent and still put him down at the same time , if he didnt sleep tell him it was rest time. I continued with this and for whatever reason he was back to normal.  His routine is up at 6, down from 12-2pm, sleep at 7.  I go into the room 10-15 minutes before so he is actually lying down at 12 and 7.   I can go 1/2 hour either side of sleep time...then I am in trouble and he is harder to get to sleep.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Andys mum.

Offline imsmum

• Showing Appreciation 36
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 14:18:15 pm »
My dd started to push her nap time back a bit around this age.  Have you tried pushing the nap back 15 minutes or so, to see if that helps?