Author Topic: uugghh.......rice milk = constipation?  (Read 7124 times)

binxyboo

Re: uugghh.......rice milk = constipation?
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2007, 20:07:46 pm »
Cannot figure out how to post links at the moment, it seems to be an issue all over the site.

Didn't find quite what I was looking for anyway, nothing comprehensive enough on the site that I think biomum would need to see to believe it.I must have read it in one of the Sears books. If you go to askdrsears.com, and search for "medical causes of nightwaking" and "milk allergy/sleep" it brings up a little bit. Sorry, not much help.

Offline appletree

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 51
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2007, 02:26:14 am »
Michelle, thanks for looking! I appreciate all your hard work. I'll go to that site and see what it says. Don't feel bad, just you trying to help me & Bella means a lot to me!  :-* Wendee
Wendee <3

Offline Jimbob

• Showing Appreciation 59
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2007, 07:12:30 am »
You are in such a difficult situation because you know that biomom is not likely to stick to the diet needed to stop Bella from suffering. I guess if you can keep it simple it will be easier and therefore she is more likely to follow it. I wish I could be of more help and I will keep trying to think of ways that would keep it simple but also keep Bella well.

James has atopic eczema, multiple food allergies, asthma and late talker

Offline appletree

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2007, 16:50:21 pm »
Girls, I REALLY REALLY APPRECIATE ALL YOUR EFFORTS! Don't knock yourself up about not being able to help me more. We can only do what we can do and I just try not to think about the rest. Denial. Then I don't stress so much now for when she goes home.  ::) :'(  Wendee
Wendee <3

Offline sym_2_one

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2007, 22:26:24 pm »
My daughter was diagnosed with a protein allergy after she turned twelve months and I was getting ready to wean her from the breast.  She was very irritable, had an elevated temperature, eczema, weeks of diarrhea, and had all but stopped eating.  She had just finished with a bout of croup, so I figured it was the illness lingering, but it just never went away.  Her doctor told me to try soy milk, and the reaction was immediate.  I have eliminated most dairy foods from her diet (she can handle cheese and the milk that been cooked in foods, although I notice a bit of eczema still) and give her fortified rice milk with cereal.  I notice that sometimes when she goes to grandma's, she'll come back irritable, feverish, and will have several very loose stools before the night's over. I've tried to explain about the intolerance, but she bought Lactaid milk instead of Rice Dream, and I know she's feeding her yogurt and ice cream.  I'm almost considering stopping the visits.

Offline appletree

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2007, 00:39:45 am »
Yikes! I think that's sad that grandma intentionally is doing something that is of great discomfort to her grandchild. Did you explain that you feel like maybe you should stop the visits? 

((hugs)) I know how frustrating it can be!

Wendee
Wendee <3

Offline Jimbob

• Showing Appreciation 59
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2007, 12:12:14 pm »
That is terrible and I am in a similar situation. My in laws gave my son some biscuits that were from spain so they did not even know what the ingredients were. This flared his eczema and left him in pain all night. He would cry for over an hour then settle for a few minutes then start screaming again. They don't really take his allergies and food issues seriously. Since James's food aversion started the only thing he would eat that he was not allowed is biscuits. The only other food he would have is raisins and neocate advance.

James has atopic eczema, multiple food allergies, asthma and late talker