Author Topic: New big boy bed for 30 month old and very early wakings!!!!  (Read 746 times)

Offline J & J's Mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
New big boy bed for 30 month old and very early wakings!!!!
« on: October 25, 2007, 05:03:18 am »
Hi,

We moved our 30 month old DS to a big boy bed.  He has settled in very well,  he calls out sometime when I've tucked him in, but I just stand at the door and say" It's nightime, go bye byes, night night" and he'll say "night night Mummy" and that's it. But he has gone from waking between 7.15-7,30am to just before 6.00am and today it was 5.30am!  He's wide awake and totally ready to start his day....I'm not though! 

His routine is like this:

5.30-6.00 wake
7.00-7.30 breakfast
9.00 - Either playgroup until 12.15 or we go out in the car/walk somewhere
11.30 lunch
12.30 nap - I don't let him sleep past 2.00pm.  Sometimes he'll go off straight away and wake up himself after 1 hour, or he'll play in hus bed and drop off about 1.15pm and I wake him at 2.00pm still.
Play during afternoon/walk to park
5.30 - 6.00pm Dinner
Bath
7.00 Go up to bed and read stories.  He's normally asleep by 7.30pm

Please can somebody help!  I can't handle these very early mornings!  When the clocks go back he'll be waking at 4.30!!!!!!!!!! :o :'(
Emigrated from the UK to Australia 1st July 2009!!

My blogspot - fatracslim.blogspot.com

Offline J & J's Mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: New big boy bed for 30 month old and very early wakings!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 18:40:39 pm »
It would be nice if somebody could give a little advise please :-\  I can't be starting my day at these hours!!!
Emigrated from the UK to Australia 1st July 2009!!

My blogspot - fatracslim.blogspot.com

andibig

Re: New big boy bed for 30 month old and very early wakings!!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 19:00:20 pm »
When he wakes is he happy to stay in his room.Thats the first thing I'd encourage.We did with sasha when she had a period of EWs.I didn't mind so much the waking up i just didn't want to get up.
This sounds like it could be related to the nap.Do you keep the bedtime the same even if he has taken a short nap?

Basically with Sasha we limit her nap to 2hrs anymore and she'd not go to sleep till midnight?
if he is only having a 45 min nap then bring bedtime forward so that he doesn't get OT which can cause early wakings.

hope that helps a little
Andrea