Author Topic: Neocate or Elecare??? HELP on which one is better,  (Read 3356 times)

Offline Mydreamcametrue

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Neocate or Elecare??? HELP on which one is better,
« on: October 25, 2007, 23:12:42 pm »
Well looks like we are on the move to the next formula.  Tyler is NOT tolerating Nutramigen AT ALL.  He actually had a diaper that was full of nothing but mucus tonight.  It looked like someone jsut spit in it.  That is all it was :(

So I called the Childrens Hospital and asked for a sample of the Neocate.  She also siad there was Elecare which is the same thing, just made by a different company.  She said it was not as popular as the Neocate for Infants for it used to be only for children over 1, but now they make it for infants.

I checked the priced online and it is $2.00 cheaper a can (The Elecare is), but the Neocate now has DHA and ARA added to it. 

The samples of the Neocate she gave me expired in June 2007, but she (the nutrionist) said that they were still fine to use.  The company proably would not tell me that though.

So... In your experience does anyone know if one is better over the other.  PLEASE HELP.  I have to decide and give him his first bottle in 2 hours.
Wendy -

Zach - 3 1/2 yrs old. My sweet, loving, gentle boy that loves playing in the dirt!

Tyler - 17 months.  My very very spirited little boy.  Can't turn your back for a minute.  He is doing the cutest things now!  Loves to eat and climb!

lmbaby

Re: Neocate or Elecare??? HELP on which one is better,
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 23:30:41 pm »
HI...just checking....will your insurance cover it????

Offline Mydreamcametrue

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 23:34:21 pm »
? Maybe, but it may be one of those things you have to qualify for based on income and I think our income would  be consirded to much to qualify.

Wendy -

Zach - 3 1/2 yrs old. My sweet, loving, gentle boy that loves playing in the dirt!

Tyler - 17 months.  My very very spirited little boy.  Can't turn your back for a minute.  He is doing the cutest things now!  Loves to eat and climb!

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 11:44:45 am »
I think it just depends on the individual child. From what I have read some children do better on neocate than elecare and aslo some do better with elecare than neocate. If the elecare is cheaper it might be worth trying that first incase you can't get it coverd by your insurance.

James has atopic eczema, multiple food allergies, asthma and late talker