Author Topic: Extending A time  (Read 1003 times)

Offline AngelaF

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« on: October 29, 2007, 14:21:53 pm »
I have almost 7 months old twins and they just started waking early from naps again and I'm sure it's b/c their A time isn't long enough. But, they DD starts crying at 2 hours, especially in the morning, and DS literally falls asleep wherever he is--highchair, sitting on my lap, playing on the mat. So I'm not sure how to gradually increase their A time. I know people suggest doing little increments, but what do you do if they're crying (or sleeping already) despite all your efforts to extend?

I know that this is the issue because yesterday we were out and about during the 2 hour mark and they ended up staying up longer and their naps were AWESOME all day!

Thanks for any suggestions,
Angela
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 14:39:23 pm by AngelaF »

Offline AngelaF

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 14:52:51 pm »
any ideas????

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
Re: Extending A time
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 15:03:05 pm »
it is indeed a very slow process for many babies.  what may work for now is something similar to what you described - while you may not be doing a super high energy activity (and i wouldn't recommend that anyhow), doing SOMEthing that will help distract them for a few more minutes (like taking a walk) can help you gently extend that A time.

:)
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy