Author Topic: Flying for the first time with 2yo  (Read 3041 times)

Offline Mom2katiebug

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 151
Re: Flying for the first time with 2yo
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2007, 15:30:00 pm »
One last bit of advice...if you LO is being a bit of a pill on the plane (or terminal or where ever), don't get too stressed about it.  Other parents will COMPLETELY understand (and sometimes offer kind words or some help); the strangers that aren't parents will NOT understand at all and NOTHING you will do will make a difference in their eyes.  Just forget about them.

This is your vacation, make sure you relax and enjoy it!
"Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you also have an obligation to be one."  - Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline * Paula *

• Showing Appreciation 426
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2007, 21:29:11 pm »
Have a fantastic time Kathryn.

Good luck - can't wait to hear about your trip and see some photies.
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007

Offline becky1969

• Showing Appreciation 230
  • my favorite thing
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2007, 22:13:09 pm »
mom2katiebug has written never a truer word!  ;D so many parents were so very very kind to us. And some people just stared. So what! He was sweet as could be, and the parents out there thought he was funny and cute, and helped me haul our traveling circus around.  I was so touched by their generosity. Though, it made me quite sad because the dad's who offered their help always asked if I was 'comfortable' having them carry something or whatever. I appreciated them asking, but it makes me sad that people probably distrust my husband too at first because we're so worried about child molesters all the time. (that's terribly OT, sorry!).

As for the battery, my DH went to Radio Shack and bought I believe it's called a Battery Extender, or something. It plugs into your DVD player, and then it runs off of that battery. The one we bought is an Energizer and it cost $35.  While you're using your external battery, the internal battery recharges a bit giving you another 15 minutes or so!

A
Owen, 12/28/05 7 lb 2 oz

Enjoying the toddler years!

Offline Isabella's Mummy (Lilab4)

• Showing Appreciation 10
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2007, 22:26:32 pm »
Have a great time! We took Isabella to Gran Canaria a couple of weeks back and it was fantastic.

The flight out there wasn't too good. The flight was at 5.30pm and due to travelling to the airport she didn't get a proper nap and was shattered! Books and a DVD player helped us, but she was just exhausted. She didn't have her own seat either which is what I think our biggest problem was. She was upset for probably 25% of the flight and she looked sooo tired which was horrible, I was feeling so guilty for putting her through it. Typically she actually fell asleep as we came into land. Really noisy and bumpy as well as bright lights and she slept through it all!! HOWEVER after being there for just 1 day, I realised it was worth it. She had an amazing time!! The flight home was very different as we flew at 11pm and she fell asleep on take off and woke up on landing!! Great!!

Enjoy your holiday. I wish I was going back!
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline KathrynK

• spends far too much time on here
  • Showing Appreciation 171
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2007, 08:53:44 am »
thanks everyone. I can't wait until tomorrow, I am so in need of a holiday now (won't bore you with moaning). We have to wake Sophie at 5am, and the flight is 8am-12 noon so hopefully she'll sleep at some point!
will let you know in a week how we get on!
]

Offline * Paula *

• Showing Appreciation 426
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2007, 21:37:15 pm »
Have fun hun  :-*
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007