Author Topic: My Toddler Hates his Pack n' Play  (Read 3006 times)

Offline Brandonsmom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
  • The owl says "whooo whooo".
« on: November 15, 2007, 19:30:44 pm »
I've got a bit of a problem and I need some advice! My husband and I travel a lot on weekends to visit our parents since we live 3 hours away. In the past 6 months or so it has become apparent that our son will not rest well while we are on trips. We have been travelling with Brandon since he was about 2 months old and he's always done really well sleeping in his pack n' play. I understand with travelling it can be difficult for kids to rest but I'm worried now that my baby is growing up he's outgrowing his pack n' play. I've heard of a couple other kids who don't like their pack n play either because it's so low on the floor. At least with a crib he's a little higher. The last 4 trips we have gone on have been exhausting. With Thanksgiving coming up I tried a little experiment at my house. I set up the pack n' play and tried to put him to sleep in it. He cried and screamed and I reluctantly gave up and put him in the crib. No problem whatsoever. So now my problem is where does he sleep when we travel now? We've tried putting him in the bed with us, it just doesn't work. He cannot get comfortable and neither can we. Eventually by the second day of our trip he falls asleep in the pack n' play just from exhaustion. My mother in law has a portable fold away crib but my boy is 23 months old, and I'm worried he's too big for it. I'm wondering does anyone else have a problem like this and could you give me any advice. What are weight limits on portable cribs. We used the portable crib a couple of times when we visited her but Brandon was a tiny baby back then. But also back then we didn't have the sleep issues we are having now with our pack n play.

Please help, I am very tempted to bring the crib with us! Even though we have a van I don't think it will fit through the door! Thank you!!!
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline yaya

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 236
  • BW Xmas mummies
Re: My Toddler Hates his Pack n' Play
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 20:23:13 pm »
hmm how about a baby dan? the barrier thing u attach to a normal bed?

Offline Brandonsmom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
  • The owl says "whooo whooo".
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 15:54:14 pm »
Thank you for the replies. I actually think he's not too big for the pack n' play I think he just doesn't like it. He prefers a crib. I think he likes the security of a crib, with the slats and all, and it's higher off the ground too. I'm going to still try to get him to sleep in it the rest of the week. I thought about getting the side rails too for a regular bed, the thing is when we try to lay him down in a bed, in his mind it's play time! He'll stand up in the bed and try to walk around. I would be afraid to leave him alone in a regular bed. He loves to climb. I shouldn't be so surprised about all of this, I trained him to sleep in his crib when he was small. I guess I should have let him sleep in the pack n' play some, and not just when we went on trips.
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80