Author Topic: I think he's got more allergies  (Read 888 times)

Offline sarah13h

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« on: November 16, 2007, 18:42:12 pm »
Hi.  My ds is 9.5mths and has had eczema since he was 2mths.  He's been skin tested & come up positive for egg allergy - both raw & cooked - as well as a mild reaction to sesame.  Peanut & dairy were negative (but am avoiding nuts due to an allergy study he's involved in).

I have to admit to having been quite relaxed about foods, not having expected there to be much in the way of allergies (there are few in either side of the family).  But my gut instinct is that he's actually allergic to tomato as well.  He's had a skin reaction to raw tomato, and generally refuses to eat anything with cooked tomato.

Problem is, we've been struggling with his eczema for the past month or so.  We've been treating it as though it's infected.  But he's just finished a course of antibiotics, is still on Eumovate once a day & Piriton twice a day...and his skin is still blotchy on his torso & red round his wrist & under his armpit.  So, am beginning to wonder if there are more allergies or intolerances I don't know about.  Any thoughts on what I do now?  Do I go back to the basics and reintroduce foods again...go to the gp & ask for a referral (although unlikely as he had seen a dermatologist early on & has since been discharged)... or is there something else that can be done?

em_here

Re: I think he's got more allergies
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 19:46:06 pm »
Maybe you could go back to the gp and just get re refered so you have someone every step of the way with you kwim?

Hugs, must be horrid for your lo xxxxxxx

Offline Jimbob

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: I think he's got more allergies
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 20:20:28 pm »
As your ds is still only young I would go right back to basics and introduce 1 food at a time and keep a food diary. It may also be worth getting refered back to the dermatologist.

Kelly

James has atopic eczema, multiple food allergies, asthma and late talker

Offline sarah13h

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 07:33:38 am »
Thank guys.  I'm going to try and make an appt today and see what the gp says.  I'll let you know how we get on.