Author Topic: Has anyone used ELECARE formula?  (Read 1341 times)

Offline Mydreamcametrue

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Has anyone used ELECARE formula?
« on: November 30, 2007, 04:12:09 am »
So Tyler is now on Elecare, which is an Amino Acid based formula.  Same thing as Neocate, just different company.  It is made in the US by Ross labs.

Anyhow he has been on it for 2 weeks and has been having liquid poos.  We were adding rice to his bottles, but he got constipated for 2 days, so we stopped and the pure liquid poos are back.

We are dealing with other issues so it could be from that, but I was wondering if this is common with the Elecare.

I know with Neocate it is common to get constipated, but not sure about the Elecare.

Thanks, Wendy
Wendy -

Zach - 3 1/2 yrs old. My sweet, loving, gentle boy that loves playing in the dirt!

Tyler - 17 months.  My very very spirited little boy.  Can't turn your back for a minute.  He is doing the cutest things now!  Loves to eat and climb!

Offline Jimbob

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: Has anyone used ELECARE formula?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 07:58:26 am »
I don't know much about elecare as we use neocate. I am not sure elecare is available in the UK actually. I would just like to say that if you are worried then I would check with your lo's pediatrician to see if it is normal. I hope somebody responds to your question that knows more than I do.

Kelly

James has atopic eczema, multiple food allergies, asthma and late talker