Author Topic: Anyone ever used the flavoured neocate active?  (Read 1023 times)

em_here

Anyone ever used the flavoured neocate active?
« on: December 04, 2007, 20:17:29 pm »
Well DD is 11 months old, wow where did the time go??????   Dietician is sending us some samples of neocate active in the flavoured version to try. DD will NOT drink much milk at all as per a previous post I did, and was just wondering if anyone saw a difference in the milk intake when the flavoured version was used?

Thanking you xxxxxxx

Offline Jimbob

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: Anyone ever used the flavoured neocate active?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 07:28:03 am »
We have tried the blackcurrant and James hated it. He would onlt take a tiny sip then hand it straight back. To be honest I did not blame him as the smell reminded me of blackcurrant dioralite (sp?). The flavour packets are supposed to be a little better but we have not tried them. We are lucky that James will drink the neocate advance with no problem most of the time as long as it is in a cup with a lid. If it is in an open cup he will not touch it, I assume its because he can smell it. I know some people also add sugar to it and then gradually reduce the amount of sugar until their child is drinking it without.

Kelly

James has atopic eczema, multiple food allergies, asthma and late talker

em_here

Re: Anyone ever used the flavoured neocate active?
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 11:47:53 am »
Thanks for your response, we are getting a couple of sachets to try in the post, before the dietician goes ahead with the script for it, I'd like to give it a try, I am sure she said they are sending the blackcurrant one, so we will see what happens, I'll keep u posted  :)