Author Topic: attention span for a 32mo  (Read 1524 times)

Offline Layla

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
attention span for a 32mo
« on: December 07, 2007, 01:11:25 am »
Anyone taken their toddler to a x-mas show? Will be going with Isabella in a few weeks..... any tips on how I can get her to sit in one place for 1.5hrs or do the children there run around & its pretty normal for them to wonder around? Never done this kind of thing & we are both very excited as it will just be the 2 of us ;D

Thanks
Layla :)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 01:13:57 am by Isabella&Jasmine's mum »

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline Katie

• Showing Appreciation 99
    • Franzone Family Blog
Re: attention span for a 32mo
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 01:17:40 am »
what type of show? like is there singing and dancing? we have been to both types sit down and get up ones... at sit down ones take some snacks  ;)  ;D at get up ones it's easy she will probably just dance the whole time LOL!!!  Good luck

Love Katie xxx

Offline Layla

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 01:24:30 am »
Thanks Katie... its at the Arts Centre & will have all the characters she knows - the Fairies, B1, B2, The Koala Brothers, Fifi & Bumble, Fireman Sam, Postman Pat and Spot.... & I am sure Santa will be there too. I am a little worried about the snacks cause at the Arts Centre they usually dont let snacks in... but maybe that was just when I went to see the ballet & it might be different for the children.

I hope its a dancy one so that she can have fun too. Its a present from my aunt & its our first date EVER since Jasmine was born so I am really exctied about it, lol! I just hope she doesn't want to go home or something...

;D

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 02:46:13 am »
ooh so jealous i wanted to take the girls to that but left it late and figured we would be seated in the back row  ::) so am hoping they will do it again next year.  most of those shows are ok for even standing on your seat if necessary, and certainly bopping about and dancing in front of your row.

we took the girls to disney on ice back in july when liv was 28 1/2 mo old, which is in a darkened arena and not a short show and liv (who never sits still) was fine. there was an intermission and we had snacks during the show and extra durign the intermission (can you say $5 cheerios  ;))

enjoy!!!
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified

Offline Katie

• Showing Appreciation 99
    • Franzone Family Blog
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 02:46:27 am »
sounds cool!! maybe just sneak a lolly pop in  ;)  ;D ;D i have taken food in at the ballet  ;D i guess it will be a sit down one but we took tiahnee to disney on ice at that age and she sat through it all!! one thing I would suggest at the arts centre is to take her booster seat for her to sit on..... I do that at the ballet for tiahnee (as do lots of mums) cause the seats are a bit low and littlies cant see to well.

Love Katie xxx

Offline Katet

• Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 04:31:21 am »
Layla, not 4 hours ago we were at that very same show, (ran for 65mins). my 2 boys, a friend with a 4yo girl another with her 33mo & 8mo.
My 2.5yo sat on my lap, 4yo sat & watched as did 33mo. 4yo was up dancing in the aisle... fortunately she was next to it & we were in the 3rd row.
There were many children (all girls actually) downstairs (we were in the dress circle) dancing right in front of the stage, but guessing they were in the front section too.
We were eating Apples before it started, so not exactly messy, but in honesty it is fast paced & really preschool geared so I think she would find it hard not to be interested if she knows the characters... our biggest issue was the Fairies were the biggest item & we don't know them & Postman Pat & Fireman Sam were only on a short time (but then they did have mail/fires to attend to) but over all the boys really enjoyed it.
BTW Santa does come on at the end.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline Layla

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007, 09:44:56 am »
YAY, I am really excited! I am going to take snacks with me just in case but glad to hear its fast paced & that its only 65mins long. I am so looking forward to it! Will let you know how it all goes

Thank you everyone for your input :-*

Offline **Clare**

• Showing Appreciation 134
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2007, 10:08:23 am »
Harvey is 2 and 6 months and we regularly go to the cinema where he sits like an angel!! We took him for the first time around his second birthday and he was abit more fidgety then!!

We take a snack and a drink and also his comforters incase he gets tired but as long as the film takes his interest he sits really well! If he loses interest I just sit him with me and whisper to him whats happening/whats happened or what might be about to happen, that usually gets him through the 'boring' bits!!

Sounds like a fab show, Harvey would definitely be more interested in that than the cinema!!! I have a feeling she will be just fine!!! ;D ;D ;D