Author Topic: Travellin with a 13mo  (Read 1158 times)

Offline Vanessia

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Travellin with a 13mo
« on: December 08, 2007, 14:52:56 pm »
hey there!!!
im sorry if im posting this topic in the wrong place..i as always have no clue..where what shd go..no matter how much i try..:)
DS is now 13mths old..and we're travellin to India on friday the 14th....we live in west africa.
i took this trip with him when he was 4mths old....but then that was ifferent he was much younger..breastfed...taking off  & landing was easier..coz i would just put him to my breast..but now...hes bigger & much much more hyper ..ad active!!!
he starteed walking when he was 10.5 mo ...so for me that is a blessing..coz gng out was a huge problem..coz he hated being carried...ever since he was a baby..all h wanted was so be left alone...
okie..so heres my question.
im carrying baby bottle food..and cerelac for the road...ad i know they give u babyfood on board...
he loves water ..but loved it more when he was driking it frm he bottle...right nw..im almost successul in weaning him off that...i know ..it is very late...but ihave been trying since he was 7mo..!!!
so how do i tackle taking off and landing???
he drinks his milk from te bottle....but ....what do i do help make air pressure easier..??
anyother tips..are welcome..:)
Xox

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
Re: Travellin with a 13mo
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 22:00:01 pm »
i'm not sure if she was just particularly easy, but we took dd on a plane trip when she was about 16 months old - we let her drink from her sippy cup during takeoff/landing, and that seemed to do just fine for her.  :)  actually, on one of the legs she'd fallen asleep in her car seat before takeoff - that was VERY easy!!  :)
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

Offline vivy74

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 14:40:58 pm »
Hi
my little one will be 15 months when we will take a 10 hours flight but I'm more concerned about the lenght o the flight than take off and landing: how can we entertain him?
Thanks.

Vivy74

Offline Vanessia

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Re: Travellin with a 13mo
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 18:45:58 pm »
hey!!!
i made it..i made it..!! everything was soo nice & smooth...
i was also very worreid about activities on the flight for him coz we had two very long flights...
8 hours & 3 hours..
and 3 hours transit..
so basically wat we did was tire him out at the airport before boarding..made him run ard......jump everything .. he gt so tired that by the time we boarded the flight ..we changed him ....ti make it similar to the routine at hme..changed him into his pj´s...u knw..massaged him a lil..the flight took off...we gave him his milk and he was out..like a lite..!!!!!
i was so relieved....he slpt right thru..only kept wakin up..coz of sme kid that was talking very loudly...coz he was wearing headfones and thought no one could hear him..but apart from that he was fine...
he woke up like 2 hours before landing and i picked up from there..
and then we landed in the uae for 3 hours..
so we did the same thing there ..tired him out..walkng looking ard..there was alot of visual stimulation more than physical..so he boarded the flight and he slept..i was so happy!!!!!!!
about physical activities..my lo..when hw was awake for those two hours was havng a blast with the crew members....he lkept waking there and was gettin loads of attention...we even showed him the inflight magazines..and he was enjoying..id suggest taking sme small jigsaw puzzle..or amini dvd player..or tearibn up paper into smal small bits..which i know u prolly would enevr let him do..hahah..
hope u guys aheva  safe trip...
XOXO