Author Topic: What A times do your 14 month olds have?  (Read 1040 times)

Offline skatty

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 352
  • My spirited girl
What A times do your 14 month olds have?
« on: December 11, 2007, 14:48:47 pm »
My DD seems to have 4.5 hours A time in  the morning and maybe 4.45 max in the PM. She is on one nap and has just accumalted OT because I got careless and let her go 5 or more hours every afternoon for 9 days  ::) She is very spirited and high energy even by toddler standards so she needs her long nights at the moment. I was just wondering how this compares with other babies the same age.

Katt  :)
Katt

Offline elmarie

• Showing Appreciation 263
Re: What A times do your 14 month olds have?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 16:29:32 pm »
Hi there Katt,

I do think you can start extending it but just do it slowly in 10min increments.  it took us about 3m to get to the 5h A mark

Hugs

E X :)

Offline Vanessia

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 17:11:23 pm »
hi!!!
i always wondered about my LO's times too.. hes 13mo.
Of late has started a 4 hours A time in the mrngs and takes a long afternoon nap...almost 3 hours...and in th evening he can go uptil 5 hours A before winding down but he gets very over tired..!!!!!
hes an extremely active & spirited boy...let me put it this way..he dsnt really sit and play hes on the go all the time...!!!!!!

Offline skatty

• Showing Appreciation 352
  • My spirited girl
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 08:05:23 am »
Hi  :)

Elmarie, L was crying all night last night sometimes awake and sometimes asleep, definitely teething, not sure if it's a coincidence that she broke her amber teething necklace a few days ago  :-\ Anyway I am leaving the A time until she is back to herself, we'll probably see the doc to rule out an ear infection. Thanks for your help  :-*

Hello Vanessia, wow an almost 3 hour nap, we have never had that! My DD takes about 1½ hours and seems to go about 4½ hours after that but on the odd occassion she takes 2 hours she can definitely go longer. I think with spirited kids there is a very small window of opportunity to get them down to sleep for naps and bedtime and if you miss it they get very wired and OT. 5 hrs is a long A time before winding down but perhaps he can go longer after such a good nap? Does he wake early in the morning or in the night? If not he's probably ok but I don't know as I have no experience of a long napper but I hear you when you say there is no keeping still, DD is a whirlwind and a daredevil , I have to watch her constantly while she's awake  :P
Katt

Offline elmarie

• Showing Appreciation 263
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 09:11:01 am »
Yes if it is teething it is probably the cause.  With rule out any illnesses before starting sleep training again.