Author Topic: swollen lips  (Read 5874 times)

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: swollen lips
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2008, 11:53:01 am »
Great news Lis! SO hard to say with the toys but I'd think it's likely more something he ate. But not sure - are you doing the allergy testing soon?
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline Lissybits

• Showing Appreciation 60
  • My world!
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2008, 18:45:34 pm »
 We had a few spots this morning but they vanished this afternoon so just a few bruises that have remained   ;D
Apparently, we can't do the allergy test til it's all clear.
How's Marisa?

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2008, 18:54:45 pm »
Hopefully the spots fully go away soon. Marisa is doing well, knock wood. We're hoping to go for the test this weekend - have to see if can get an appointment.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline Shdef

• Showing Appreciation 419
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2008, 19:20:18 pm »
Neither did Jenn. Remember the allergy test  :-*

Offline IrishDancer_Tara

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2008, 23:52:51 pm »
I am so sorry to hear about your little one.
My little guy is deadly allergic to peanuts.  This past summer I was eating a peanut butter cookie (before we knew of the allergy) and he asked for a bite (he is 3).  not even a minute later his eys were swollen shut (lids were purple) and his lips and tongue were swollen and purple too.  He then had a severe asthma attack and had to be rushed to hospital.
We now have an epipen and carry it everywhere as well as liquid antihistamines and inhailers.
It has been hard for the last few months having to get used to reading ingredients on everything you buy.
I truly hope they find out what it is that is bothering him so that you will not have to deal with this anymore.
Hugs to you and your family
Tara

Offline Lissybits

• My world!
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2008, 06:11:03 am »
Thanks Tara. Yes, it has been a really frightening week.  I can imagine how scary your DSs reaction was. The worst thing for us was never having experienced an allergy with anyone we know, so we had absolutely no idea what was happening.
Thank goodness for BW - everyone has been so helpful as always ! :D
Had your DS eaten peanuts before his reaction? That's what's so confusing for us - apart from rose water in a biscuit, DS hadn't eaten anything new that day. Our Dr thinks the allergy is from a new toy  .
We'll know more after the allergy tests.
It was nice talking to you   :)

Offline Jimbob

• Showing Appreciation 59
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2008, 07:45:37 am »
I am so glad that Nichols is doing better now. I will be interested myself to see if the reaction did come form a toy. I guess the thing is you hear of so many toys being recalled at the moment due to the levels of lead ect that it could be a reaction to anything. So many chemicals seem to be in toys that we are just not made aware of.

Kelly

James has atopic eczema, multiple food allergies, asthma and late talker

Offline IrishDancer_Tara

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2008, 13:55:04 pm »
My little guy had eaten things with traces of nuts/peanuts before but never peanuts or peanut butter on its own.  no one in my family has ever been allergic to nuts...I however have an allergy to milk.
my DS also has asthma and excema...so the dr figures they are all linked together.
I hope the allergy test gives you some peace of mind...I know it helped us.
Best of luck!
Tara

Offline appletree

• Showing Appreciation 51
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2008, 20:06:51 pm »
Lis, I only had seasonal allergies until I was in a rollover and hit my head. Then (unbelievably) I started having all these food allergies. It's so crazy. But it can come on so suddenly.  The other thing is that my reactions are worse if I expose myself to more than 1 thing I'm allergic to. It's much more severe. So it could be a chemical in the toy and a mild food allergy and that's why the reaction for your ds was more severe. Glad he's doing better.  :D
Wendee <3

Offline GG

• Showing Appreciation 103
  • Chicagoland, IL
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2008, 03:07:07 am »
Lis, I just came across this. How scary!!!! Poor little Nikolaki!  How's he feeling? Have you done any tests yet?

It's so funny when they don't notice certain toys are gone, isn't it? I could take away many of my sons toys and he wouldn't notice (well, he'd probably notice the playdough now).
Georgia, mom to 3 sweet babes: touchy Foti, spirited Lena & not-so-tiny Joanna

Offline appletree

« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2008, 03:14:43 am »
Lis, I've been thinking about you all & wondering how things are going? Any better? Hope they are. Sending ((hugs)) anyway!  :)
Wendee <3

Offline Lissybits

• My world!
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2008, 10:49:37 am »
Yes, thanks Wendee. Absolutely love the photo - they certainly are beautiful children (love your roll top bath too!! ;D)
Thankfully we have no other reactions again :) and are still re-introducing his new toys every 10 days or so.
Have allergy testing appt for the end of this month  and we're still not giving him eggs, fish, nuts or choccies until then. I have a feeling that we won't find the culprit ::)

I've been following your thread on the Adoption Board and am always thinking of you and what a Super Mum you are - a true inspiration! I think if I was you, I would probably have kidnapped Bella by now and run away and would no doubt be in prison!!!! ;D ;D
I'll post again after the testing.
Lots of love and kisses to you and your beautiful LOs
Lis
x

Offline appletree

« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2008, 19:21:44 pm »
Thanks Lis, glad to hear things are so much better. Maybe you WILL find out what the cause is - wouldn't that be a lovely surprise!!!!  ;)   Thanks for your kind words. Keep us posted on how things are going!!!  :-*
Wendee <3