Author Topic: Party ideas for a 3 year old!?  (Read 1943 times)

Offline mum101

• Char
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 138
Party ideas for a 3 year old!?
« on: December 26, 2007, 11:24:06 am »
I've gotten some great ideas from the BWers in the past - so now it comes time for a 3 year old party for Rory in our summer!

I plan on having the party at home and am looking for clever ideas...

I was thinking of a clown, but a) might be scary and b) there will only be 4 kids (age 1 to 5) at the party (the rest adult family and friends). 

Has anyone had successful ideas for their parties?
 :)
mumma to 2 former BW babies, DD 11, DS 8

Offline Missy Lou

Re: Party ideas for a 3 year old!?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 16:55:30 pm »
i thought about the following ideas for my DD when she's older.  i don't know if some are still too old for a 3 yo though.

1.  a mardi gras party.  i would have the kids dress up like they were on a float and throw beads to the adults.  they could either wear fancy dresses or costumes.  all the decorations would be pretty cheap.

2.  a princess tea party.  do princess and pirate if there are little boys and girls going to the party.

3.  an artist's party.  have the kids paint masterpieces.  everyone comes in their painting smock.  you buy big poster boards and finger paints.  they make a big mess and paint wonderful paintings to bring home with them as their goody bag. 

daybyday

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 16:59:02 pm »
If you only have a few kids coming, I would go to the dollar store and buy each of them a wooden letter with their first initial...and let them paint, glitter etc...cheap and a great keepsake!

Offline Mum to cool dude

• Seven Of Nine
  • Showing Appreciation 52
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 21:03:33 pm »
if you have a garden and good weather on the day:

cheap inflatable pool. If you have a kiddie slide the end can go in the pool for additional splashes

Offline Katet

• Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 21:47:09 pm »
We just had a summer (well 16C in central NSW LOL)  Christmas weekend  with 6 children 5,4.5y,3.5yo 2x 2.5yo & 9mo) for 2 days together (none of us live close by) & so had heaps of time together.
I managed to get some glow sticks (from carols) & they played with them for ages & bubbles they all loved them, the 5yo & 4yo were blowing them for the younger ones. My 4yo got the Hungry Hippo game for Christmas & that was played with for ages, as was my Sister's keyboard & they played statues (ie stopped when the music stopped) & did stickers to decorate picture frames. 
From my experience of my eldests 3rd party, games are a bit hard with the age range & more "informal things".
Not sure on your water restrictions but water play is a good one if it is hot (your Melb aren't you... so could go either way) , sauce bottles filled with water to "paint" the concrete. 1-5 can be quite a hard range depending on the children, so I'd be inclined to have ideas & go with the flow, rather than anything too planned.

dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline SiestaNoMore

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 10
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 05:04:56 am »
I really like the website   www. pepperspollywogs .com   for party ideas (just take the spaces out). If you check out PartyIdeas/Themes - there is a section for ages Under 5 but also really good ideas in the 3-7 and 3-10 agegroups too.
They have really cool ideas on invitations, decorations, food and games.
Makes me want to have a party now just looking at it..... 8)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 05:10:17 am by SiestaNoMore »

Offline mum101

• Char
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 10:00:50 am »
Thanks everyone, got me thinking!

I managed to get some glow sticks (from carols) & they played with them for ages & bubbles they all loved them, the 5yo & 4yo were blowing them for the younger ones.

You've got me thinking and a bubble party could be the go, not too girly, it's something the kids can come and go from, kids always love bubbles and it's a good theme for the party. Am thinking bubbles for the kids and bubbly for the adults may be a good idea!   

Not sure on your water restrictions but water play is a good one if it is hot (your Melb aren't you... so could go either way)
LOL - Melbourne - 15 one day 38 the next!!
Yeah our water restrictions are tough at the moment,  but we do have a water tank so good supply of water... Water play might be a good back up if it's a hot day.

Siestanomore - that's a good website, having a good look at it now.
mumma to 2 former BW babies, DD 11, DS 8