Author Topic: Help, quick!  (Read 676 times)

Offline Caramelito

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: December 26, 2007, 20:52:11 pm »
My baby had been having short naps and NW during this past week and she has been OT.  She took a 1 hour nap this morning and is taking a loooonnng nap right now (3 hours).  Should I wake her (it is about time for her feeding) or should I let her until she wakes up on her own to catch up. 

Thanks!!

Offline baba

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 21:30:11 pm »
i am not a expert but even though you shoudnt let your baby sleep mor than 3 hrs i would let her sleep so she wont be overtierd.this has happened to me before and i just let her sleep.

Offline Caroline-Charlies Mummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 315
  • Charles Arthur 23rd March 2005
    • Twitter
Re: Help, quick!
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 21:32:59 pm »
How old is she? Can you post your routine, see if we can help?

Sorry to to disagree ;), but I'd wake her up - you should never let a baby miss a feed, however much she needs the sleep. Not only is regular feeding vital for health, it's also a bad idea b/c she won't be taking in enough calories in the day, so you'll be creating unnecessary night-wakings out of hunger

hth :)
Caroline :)

"Mama exhorted her children at every opportunity to 'jump at de sun.' We might not land on the sun, but at least we would get off the ground." -- Zora Neale Hurston

Offline Caramelito

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 21:45:56 pm »
Thanks! She woke up 5 min after I posted this.  While we are on the subject, I was going move her bedtime an hour earlier for a week or so to help her catch up, should she still have a catnap or should I move her bedtime?  She is 4-1/2 months on 4 EASY.

Thanks again!

Offline Caramelito

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 18:37:17 pm »
Just wanted to share what went on last night:  After my LO woke up from her nap I fed her (she woke up 20 min after her normal feeding).  At 5:30 she took a Carnap for 30 min.  At 6:30 we started her bedtime routine, she then had her feeding at 7:00 and was in bed by 7:45.  She woke up at 11:00 and I DF her.  She then slept until 5:30, the first time in a looooong time that she sleeps that long.  She had her feeding and went back to bed until 8:00 this morning!  Last night I decided to go my gut and it worked.  I hope this helps others.  By the way, last night was her first night in her crib in her room! She normally sleeps in a craddle in my room but she is getting to big for it.