Author Topic: HATES neocate active , experiences with flavoured one?????  (Read 2268 times)

em_here

HATES neocate active , experiences with flavoured one?????
« on: December 27, 2007, 20:13:33 pm »
Abbi was started on Neocate Active - next step up from normal Neocate before she became poorly, OMG it smells and tastes even worse than normal neocate, she will not touch an oz.... (before she was ill I mean, she would drink normal neocate but thats all gone)

Any good experiences with the flavour sachet? Any particular one go down well? She is drinking loadsa juice at the hosp, but they are keen to get some milk vits into her as she has had none for like 6 days now, so any thoughts on flavours would be appreciated

TIA

Em xxxxxxxxx

Offline Shdef

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 419
Re: HATES neocate active , experiences with flavoured one?????
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 20:17:28 pm »
After his gastro, Scotty never touched his hypoallergenic formula again, so we had to switch. My only advice is to switch to the flavoured version and also prepare things with the new formula, like cereal, etc. It will take a few months for her normal appetite to come back, so don't worry about that.

Hugs  :-*

em_here

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 20:22:11 pm »
Thanks, I will change to flavoured def, I thought it might be a while until her normal appetite came back, shame as she is so chubby lol..... we tried weetabix with the new one, she gagged, and refused, but with the old neocate she drank it... I guess perserverence will be the key for a while eh

Offline Shdef

• Showing Appreciation 419
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 20:25:13 pm »
I HATE weetabix  :-X

Maybe give her the new one in a fancy new cup? When babies have had a stomach upset they often associate the foods they had before with the illness and avoid it alltogether, clever little things!

And the old one could still be used to prepare stuff for her?

Offline Jimbob

• Showing Appreciation 59
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 21:05:24 pm »
I think I have mentioned this before but we have tried the blackcurrant neocate active and James hated it. It smells very artificial and reminds me of blackcurrant dioralite (sp?). It might be worth trying the flavour packets which you add to the neocate active. I am not sure of the flavours as we did not go down that route as James started drinking the neocate advance plain when we were having difficulties.

Kelly

James has atopic eczema, multiple food allergies, asthma and late talker

em_here

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 21:06:59 pm »
I think I have mentioned this before but we have tried the blackcurrant neocate active and James hated it. It smells very artificial and reminds me of blackcurrant dioralite (sp?). It might be worth trying the flavour packets which you add to the neocate active. I am not sure of the flavours as we did not go down that route as James started drinking the neocate advance plain when we were having difficulties.

Kelly

Yes I DO remember you saying that now.... duh brain me lol

I have asked for the sachets to add, so some small part of my memory must have remembered sachets are better thank xxxxxxx