Author Topic: when to get calcium drops  (Read 2275 times)

Offline mella

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: December 29, 2007, 19:10:09 pm »
my LO, now 1 year old :o, has all but given up his milk, only having his morning bottle and then milk mixed with cereal. So, he's only having about 10oz a day. He's on neocate advanced as he's allergic to milk and soya. I'm wondering if he should be having calcium drops as his intake is so low?

em_here

Re: when to get calcium drops
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 19:33:00 pm »
Hi there, Abbi only has 7-12oz of milk and she is on 15ml of calcium sandoz, ask the dietician, we have also started the neocate active, it is much more foul than the normal neocate, can u ask for flavoured as that is what I am waiting for now, crossing my fingers

Offline mella

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 21:15:18 pm »
whats the difference between neocate active and advance? I think I'm going to ask to try the banana flavour...

em_here

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 21:16:01 pm »
I thought active is the new name for advance  :-\  so dietician said........ Its for 1 plus

Offline Jimbob

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 18:23:07 pm »
Active is different to advance. As far as I remember it is to do with the calcium content and possibly the iron content but not sure on that. We used the banana neocate advance for a little while just to give James a change but then he seemed to be reacting to it so we stopped. I will try and find out more about the difference in the advance and the active.

Kelly

James has atopic eczema, multiple food allergies, asthma and late talker

Offline mella

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 10:41:29 am »
I e-mailed them and asked and got this response

There is a difference between the Neocate advance and the Neocate active
Active is a relatively new product.This is higher in calcium, phosphorus and iron
Active also comes in blackcurrant and unflavoured, whereas advance comes in unflavoured and banana/vanilla They are both suitable for toddlers over the age of 1 year
Neocate active tends to be used if the child has weaned and just needs the product as a supplement. Neocate Advance can be used as a sole source of nutrition if the infant is not yet weaned for what ever reason

em_here

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 10:46:32 am »
Thanks very much for the info, I guess we were put on Active as abbi munches the solids like theres no tomorrow, but needs the calcium as she didnt drink much milk (has now improved on the blackcurrant active). How is Lucas doing on the advance? Thanks x

Offline Jimbob

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 10:55:19 am »
Mella, Thank you for posting that information. I was also wondering how Lucas is doing on the advance.

Emma, I am glad that Abbi has improved her intake now you have switched to the blackcurrant active.

Kelly

James has atopic eczema, multiple food allergies, asthma and late talker

Offline mella

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2008, 20:21:36 pm »
sorry not been on for a while. He's ok, quite hit and miss. He always has a morning bottle but the others he more often than not refuses. Although he started nursery last week and took 2 out of 3 bottles.