Author Topic: Sleeping in snowsuit!!  (Read 4941 times)

Offline zoefaith

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: December 30, 2007, 14:19:56 pm »
My daughter is now 3 m 1 week, she is a fairly good sleeper when I put her down at night, however for her naps, it is usually a bit of a battle and will only sleep for 30-45 min and then wakes up. She will go back to sleep sometimes after she cries/fusses it out.  However when we are out, which is alot, she is in her snowsuit and carseat, and sleeps like a charm for a long time. So 4 days ago when I couldnt get her to go to sleep on her own I put her in her snowsuit on the bed and she instantly calmed down, I layed her in the crib, awake, and asleep she went for 2.5 hours. So I have been doing this since for her naps. Its amazing since I put her in it awake and she puts her self to sleep.  I tried today to put her down without it, but it didnt work. After 45 minutes, I resorted to her snowsuit and voila she is out.

So is this okay to be doing this.I have the zipper undone so she doesnt get too hot, and temp wise she is fine. I just wish I could put her down without it. Your thoughts?

Thanks
Nicki

Offline woopster

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 398
  • 4 gone...how many more?
Re: Sleeping in snowsuit!!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 14:23:53 pm »
Is she swaddled at night? I'm wondering if she feels secure in the snowsuit?  It may stop the jolts. Is she warm enough at night? What does she go to bed in?
Harry: 29 July 2003
Lydia: 28 June 2005
Sam:  28 June 2005
David: 28 June 2005 - 12 August 2005
Daniel: 19 July 2007
That's all folks!
(Well, maybe another girl if I can convince DH!)

Offline Shdef

• Showing Appreciation 419
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 14:36:39 pm »
Nicki, DS slept in his snowsuit last winter every night and every day. It was a cotton inside, fleece outside one with no feet, so he couldn't overheat. What kind of snow suit is it? If it's the really think one  (with hoody and drawstrings) I would not recommend it cause they are not really made for that.

Ours was like that but the hood could be taken off:

Fleece snowsuit

Offline zoefaith

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 04:22:38 am »
She is not swaddled at night.  At first I just thought she is so use to us being out alot during the day that she associates the snow suit with her nap.  But I do think she finds it nice and warm.  Upon her first cues of her getting tired I will lay out her snow suit and put her in and she will even give me this happy smile, like ooh...this is so nice, no fuss at all. I lay her in her crib and shes out.

I did try today to put her down without it and she woke after 20 minutes.  We then put her right in her snowsuit put her back down and she was there for 2 hours.

The snowsuit doesnt have drawstrings and the hood is the kind where it is open, and very big around her head so there is lots of circulation if ykwim.  We always put a hat on her when we go out as it doesnt fit snug around her head. I am just surprised as she can barely move in this thing and cant imagine it would be comfortable..lol.

I guess I will just keep doing this.

Thanks
Nicki

Offline Shdef

• Showing Appreciation 419
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 11:41:00 am »
If it's safe and she doesn't overheat I would keep doing what you're doing :)

Offline JennŠ

• Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
Re: Sleeping in snowsuit!!
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 13:15:05 pm »
Agree, and we all wanna see pictures.  Sleeping baby pics are the best!!    ;)
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.