Author Topic: OK.... a little bit of a Q  (Read 1133 times)

em_here

OK.... a little bit of a Q
« on: January 01, 2008, 20:48:08 pm »
As u all know, Abbi has been very unwell, and ever since has not drank 1 oz of her Neocate. TBH she hated it before and I seriously doubt she will ever drink it again.  We are going to try the blackcurrant flavour soon (I know u said that it tastes like blackcurrant pedilyte Kelly, but doc just prescribed that one without considering any others... so in the hosp she tried a bit of the pedilite and seemed to like it so fingers crossed)

My Q is this, it is day 14 of milk strike, IF she does not touch it again, should I be worried? I suppose I will just have to up her calcium etc... and make sure her diet is great.

Anyone elses baby just stop drinking it and never drink it again? I cant even switch formulas as this is the only one she tolerates  ???

Offline Jimbob

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: OK.... a little bit of a Q
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 17:47:35 pm »
My daughter who does not have allergies stopped drinking sma progress just after she was one and would not touch whole milk. The only thing she will have milk on is cereal. The only difference is that she could have yogurt and cheese as sources of calcium but there are other ways. There is other calcium rich foods plus you can use supplements as you are aware. If she was not to touch the formula again then as long as Abbi is getting all her vitamins and minerals from other sources then I don't see it being a problem. It would be worth working with a good dietician that is used to working with children.

Kelly

James has atopic eczema, multiple food allergies, asthma and late talker

binxyboo

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 18:10:04 pm »
She is almost one now, right?

Lots of children are transitioning to cow's milk at this stage. But milk per se is not neccessary anyway, you just need to make sure she gets adequate calcium, vitamin D, protein ect from other sources. You can get fortified OJ, not sure if that's okay with her reflux issues. Riley did and is doing fine on Rice Milk, which supplies him with calcium, vitamin d and B12, but we do have to be vigalint and getting extra fats, proteins etc into his diet.

How is she with solids?

em_here

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 18:46:45 pm »
Thanks girls, she has drank a few ozs today.... DH has just gone to collect her blackcurrant Neocate.

If she doesnt really drink it again, I'll just keep the diet good, I am sure Kelly did a list of calcium rich foods, as I have asked this Q (well on the same kind of lines before), so I will hunt that one out, I should have done that first, but completely forgot till now

Michelle, she is fantastic with solids, really brilliant so thats good

Thanks again, I'll let u know how the blackcurrant stuff goes down xxx

em_here

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 12:13:20 pm »
Ok we tried the blackcurrant and she seems to like it  :D :D :D :D Am pleased, but as with anything will give it a few days and see what happens

Offline Jimbob

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 12:31:10 pm »
I am glad she seems to like it.

I am sorry that I have only read what a horrible time Abbi and your family have had over christmas today. It is not surprising that she went off the formula. I am so sorry I did not realise how poorly Abbi was. I had just not been on the other forums due to lack of time.

Kelly

James has atopic eczema, multiple food allergies, asthma and late talker

em_here

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 12:32:56 pm »
No problem Kelly dont worry at all, shes out the other side now, so thats good.