Author Topic: Calling all active lifestyle ppl  (Read 1229 times)

Offline CharlotteandCharlie

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 34
  • These moments make my heart sing!
Calling all active lifestyle ppl
« on: January 08, 2008, 04:26:34 am »
I am a sedentary person.  I love sitting on the couch when I have down time and I love napping.  Dh is too for the most part.  These days (its winter) I've been stressing about not doing enough.  The kids are bored.  I am bored.  Dh is busy doing things for our house.  We moved a 60's home into the country and have reno'd it.  We've got 7 years of STUFF at least ahead of us.

So what I need, if possible, is a mind flip... and ideas.  I want my kids to be active and confident.  Couches just don't provide that kind of environment.  ;D

For me getting out of the house is terrible.  Its such a fight, it takes a long time and by the end one of them is crying and hot and frustrated.  Okay maybe two of us. ;)

So I don't really venture out.  We are in the country, surrounded by dirt as we haven't had a chance to plant grass yet.  Driving anywhere takes 10 mins which isn't bad and we live next to a small town with few parks and no real paths.  poo poo poo poor me. 

Can anyone who doesn't have such a poor outlook give a this sedentary mom some active lifestyle ideas?

So many thanks.
Charlotte mom to
Charlie Anne August 7, 2005
Campbell Rose March 27, 2007
And wife to the man of my dreams.

Offline gpmom

• Showing Appreciation 12
  • My 4 year old!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 04:38:59 am »
Hiya fellow Albertan (I'm from Grande Prairie!!)

Idaes hey....do you have snow? 
What about a dance off in your house, looks like your girls would like that?  Kite flying is fun.  Ummmm, walking is out, what about wagon rides?  Duck duck goose inside?
Are these what you are looking for, or am I on the wrong path?
Joan...mom to Daisy!!
Born July 25, 2007
My perfect little bug.

Re: Calling all active lifestyle ppl
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 04:42:46 am »
Hello there.  Nope no snow right now.  Funny as soon as I saw your username I instantly thought Grand Prairie. 

I was thinking more outdoors stuff but I can do wagon rides.  We have a wagon and dd2 is old enough to kind of sit in the wagon.  Its been chinooking here and more to come this week.  And I could fly a kite with dd1 when dd2 is napping.  Its a frame of mind.  Stay inside in my pj's or get out of the house.  I get in a rut and can't think of stuff to do. 
Charlotte mom to

Offline skatty

• Showing Appreciation 352
  • My spirited girl
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 20:06:16 pm »
I find that if I take DD outside she always finds something to fascinate and amuse herself with, that's the great thing about kids they have much better imaginations than us  ;D
Katt

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 06:02:08 am »
Unfortunately my dd is not very idependant ... at all.  She doesn't venture away from me and really doesn't even play in the house unless I'm doing it with her.  I feel like were're in a big o'rut.

Sorry to be a big poop!

Thanks for posting tho.
Charlotte mom to