Author Topic: Question  (Read 1129 times)

Offline Courts21

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: January 17, 2008, 04:47:52 am »
My little man is just starting on solids.... there are a lot of foods that I am allergic too, mainly fruits and vegetables.  Should I wait until he is older to try him on these.  It's that it'll cut down his first tastes of things quite a lot.  I don't want him to become a fussy eater because I never gave him a variety of foods but I also don't want him to have an allergic reaction like mine.

Offline Jimbob

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 20:39:15 pm »
First of all what is the list of fruit and vegetables that you are sllergic to?

You have to remember that you don't need a huge variety at first as any solids are just for practice at first. If you have food allergies then I would take things very slowly. I would also keep a food diary so you can keep a record of foods tried and any reactions your lo may or may not have.

I will try and help more when you post the list.

Kelly

James has atopic eczema, multiple food allergies, asthma and late talker

Offline ~S~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 37
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 21:03:54 pm »
The way I understood it was that if you wait too long to start solids, the baby could have problems with texture.  But that at around 2yrs they start not wanting, I am having trouble wording this...you should add variety as much as you can by 2yrs.  Does that make sense?  So, basically don't feel pressured to have to get everything in at 6 or 7 mos, you have plenty of time.
~S~

lo1 3/99
lo2 9/05